Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

STC1000 Temperature Controller- Housing and other hardware.

Evening all,

My STC 1000 is en route and I need to get the extras. I've seen some nice make-shift housing (hardrive cases and the like) people have put together on youtube. Anyone know where the best place to look for this sort of thing would be? Also where is the best/cheapest place to get the extra sockets, connectors and wire? 

Thanks in advance for responses.

Cheers,

Rob

Views: 2505

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you want to keep it real and go budget; then cheap extension chords from Mitre 10 for wire and sockets are all good, and while i got my casing from JayCar you can always just use a clickclack plastic container. I've seen extra budget and also super pimped out STC1000's. It depends on your budget and how much you want to impress your lady (or man). Just make sure it doesn't fry you :-)

Thanks for the advice. What size case did you get from JayCar? 

I hadn't considered this as an opportunity to impress the lady, but now you've got me thinking...

where you getting stc-1000 hong kong ebay ???

Sorry meant cords not chords, too much Belgian dubbel.

Project box link from Jaycar below,

http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=HB5912&keywords=Proj...

I got my STC1000 from China via Ebay, no problems at all.

I got mine from HK. $30 incl shipping. Just hope it makes it.

Don't think I'll be shelling out $23 for the case. Thanks for the link though.

Good dubbel? Jealous.

You`ll be fine, they`re only small.

Try this, a jiffy box from JayCar... only five bucks...http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productResults.asp?keywords=jiffy+box&k...

It`s what Rusty the aussie uses in his Utube vid....  I hooked up a heat pad as well, you`ll need it. Just google `wiring diagram for stc1000`... heaps of good results.

I throw mine in a single junction box from these guys, can't remember the price now - http://www.vestaelectrical.co.nz/index.php/products?page=shop.produ....

I just use mine for cooling so I got the JB and an extension lead (that I needed anysince since my garage only has sockets in anoying places). I just cut the socket end of the extension cord of about 300mm from the end and wired both ends to the STC, cutting some additional wire for the jumpers between power and the relay. I drill holes in the JB just smaller than the cable and pushed it through for a snug fit.

I got a project box, extension leads for power outputs, and grommets for wiring through the box from Surplustronics.  All fairly cheap too.

Jaycar electronics. stores and resellers all over the country. cheap as chips and quality products. they also have electronic stuff that'd do the job of your STC, for a stack cheaper. buy a catalog for 5$, one of the best reference books you'll own.

Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows where to get replacement STC-1000 probes?

After this morning's brew (where it was working fine) my STC-1000 is now reading between 50-60 degrees celsius in an ambient temperature of ~16 degrees. If I fiddle with the probe end the temperature jumps around - sometimes as much as 10-20 degrees - so I figure it's the probe not the controller.

Was going to try aquarium shops & jaycar tomorrow but I thought someone might have had this problem in the past and might know where to go.

Have just pitched my IPA and I don't want to piss off the yeast with some crazy temperatures...

If i remember correctly from when I had to replace one, I believe they take NTC probes.

In NZ, the only ones I found were from RS Components. Not too cheap but an alternative if you can't find any cheapies on eBay: http://goo.gl/31Jg7E

Just remember to calibrate the new probe in some frozen slush before you use it.

I remember reading a home brewers forum where somebody was given praise because he spotted blue tack being used in a kit.

For me I read, this is something I can do on a budget, and be proud of my budget finding skills.

So with that in mind, when I got my STC1000, to mount it I used left over weather board and some perspex I had. Mostly I like integrating the double switch on top. 

Ugly, but solid. And now it's in use I don't look at the design, I just look at the numbers on the LCD and concentrate on the beer in brew.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service