Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Some Hopheads are so Hoppy they want to grow their own, here`s a new supplier. Enjoy!!

http://www.mapuacountrytrading.co.nz/plants/pp-hops.html

Views: 9069

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Spoke to the owner in person when I bought my hops. Not sure how close to Hallertau the actual cones are - mine haven't flowered yet. Heaps of people seem to grow this variety, but haven't heard much detail about results. Most people seem to like them though.

Ploidy isn't that important to home growers, but it refers to the number of sets of chromosomes. Diploid (2 sets) is normal. Triploid plants produce much less seed, which is something brewers often demand. That's why the NZ breeding program breeds triploids. This is generally done by crossing a tetraploid plant (4 sets) with a diploid. Tetraploid Smoothcone was the mother of triploids Nelson Sauvin, Green Bullet, Super Alpha and maybe some others I've forgotten. But unless you're planning to breed hops or you have pollen from a nearby male plant causing seeds in your cones then it probably doesn't matter.

Cool beans. I might have to pop back in to talk to the guy... It's about 5 minutes' walk from my place so it'd be rude not to.

I think smoothcone was a hybrid of uk fuggles and a Californian hop, bred to beat a fungal disease, other varieties were then bred from it, so as far as brewing goes some of the qualities in smoothcone might be a little bit redundant? I could be wrong

I'll give it a go anyway to see what happens. I still have an empty planter though so if anyone has some proven aromatics they wouldn't mind me taking a cutting from, I'd be much obliged.

I might have to give the smoothcone a go too. Any where else from where can get different varieteis?

Hi I have green bullet rhizhomes for half the price Cheers

I could be keen on one of those, where abouts are you?

I would be definately keen to get some green bullets. How can I go about buying some off you?

It looks like there're a bunch of us looking for these... Can you contact me on 027 372 5267 if you have any left and we can arrange payment etc?

Hey mate...add me to the list!

Any left?

Me to.  PM me if you have a spare green bullet.  Happy to pay for one.  I have smooth cones.

I've got four "danscade" plants in buckets if anyone wants to pick them up from Paraparaumu Beach.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service