Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi there,

I have recently (finally) got an STC-1000 temp controller. Looking forward to using this in lagering. I see in the states you can get thermowell stoppers for carboys - like this http://www.midwestsupplies.com/stopper-thermowell.html - that allow you to put the temp prob of the temp controller down into the wort. First question is, has anyone got one of these that fits a STC-1000 (because I think the thermowell in this one is too narrow), and second question, can you get them in NZ?

Views: 444

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks good. I just tape the temp probe to the side of fermenter then tape some folded up bubble wrap over it to help insulate it so that it gets the reading from fermenter as apprised to the air temp. Seems to work fine for me.

Thermowells are for sale on Trademe.  I haven't used one.. I just measure the temp on the inside of the fridge.

Yeah, I've seen those ones, but they are more for installing into a kettle or a steel fermenter, as opposed to one long enough to punch through the stopper in a glass carboy and get into the middle of the liquid. I currently tap the temp controller onto the side of the carboy, which is okay, but I'm trying to get the most accurate measure possible. 

you could just use an old dip tube out of a corny keg, or some stainless tube and weld the end and poke the temp probe down it, then just drill out your existing stopper to fit it

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service