Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'm thinking of importing a few Monster Mills. Just gauging if anyone would be interested in buying one?

Views: 727

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was just having a wee look at mills online just yesterday. What sort of prices you looking at??

I Could be keen Warren. I'm the same as Paul on the Price Question.

Ditto - let me know what price you''re looking at... I'd be keen on a MM2 2.0 if the pricing works out okay.

For the standard MM2 with a hopper I'd be looking at selling for $320.

I was looking at getting a MM2-2.0 myself but the guy there told me "Unless you want to run a micro brewery, or plan to crack corn, then the 220 is overkill" so I'll probably just get the MM2 in.

Is that including the hopper extension? If not is it not cheaper to individually bring these in as a bulk buy would require GST to be paid?

Nah just hopper. $320 would be a trademe price, so $300 if I could sell on here. Didn't really think about GST...not really buying bulk, would just be 3 or 4.

GST kicks in for orders over $400.

Order 1 and you may not get charged GST. Order 2 and you probably will have to pay GST.

Good to know. Idea is now off the table haha. Works out more expensive with the added GST even though I'd be saving a bit on shipping.

There is no GST on imports or exports. Maybe import duty, but definately not GST.

You do have to pay GST on imported goods, but it is not collected (or exempt) if the value is under NZ$400 (including shipping and calculated on the day of clearing customs). As far as I know there is no import duty on brewery equipment.

I heard last week from someone who imports a lot of small parts that Customs had dropped the threshold value from $400 to $60. Just checked that on the customs website and it appears correct.

That does not sound quite correct? The numbers you have there are the same as the current threshold. When the GST that would be charged gets above $60 that is when they start charging. $400 x 15%GST = $60.... so they start charging GST when the value of the shipment is over $400.

They may have changed it, but those numbers you quote sound like the current numbers interpreted wrong to me?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service