Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Folks..Been bottling upto now in the good old swappa crate bottles...Had my very first Emerson and Wigram beer last night - after reading lots on this forum and not only love the beer but love the almost pint sized bottles... They appear the correct colour but i'm not sure on the glass thickness for secondary fermentation...Anyone else used these or will they likely go pop?

P.S There is a bloke giving tastings of Emerson in Bishopdale / Harewood New World in CChurch...I was asking an assistant where they kept it when this delightful bloke popped up and flicked the cap off a few for me to taste..

Cheers

Ged

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Ged, they are excellent bottles and now I have an addiction for Wigram's vienna lager, so the bottle collection will gradually increase.

Maybe time for me to pop my Emmerson's cherry too.
Wigram's Vienna Lager is my beer of choice at the moment too. It's a corker.

Ged, I use those bottles at home and have had no problems.

I dunno if you noticed but there's a 20c deposit on the Wigram bottles too. I'm saving up to buy a case with empties. ;-)
About 300 bottles Rusty..... good luck, I only need 120 of them for my brews.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single sip!
Sorry was that a thousand hangovers.... :)
These bottles are made for re use and will stand secondary ferment pressures (within reason of course) Been using them here at the Mussel Inn for a many years for our bottle conditioned ales - been around lots of times no worries.
They're the mainstay of my bottle collection. Must be on to the 10th+ reuse by now, never been any issues.
Thanks a bundle guys...Better start buying them eh :)
Well hopefully their labels are easier to get off than the founders bottles that's all I can say......
Too right! those founders bottles must epoxied on, lol, I just leave them on now!
When I get really inspired I take to them with a craft knife and a bottle of terps......only takes about 5-10 minutes per bottle!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service