Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Round 2:

Got 2 pounds each of Northern Brewer and Chinook coming in if anyone is interested! California Common and Arrogant Bastard clones abounding.

Cheers,

K

Gidday GIDDAY!

I just got a shipment of hops from Nikobrew over the in US of A, and I've got a spare 1lb (~450g) of US Cascade to sell. 2011 crop, 7% AA. Anyone interested for $25? (~$5.50/100g). I also got a pound each of Columbus @ 13.1% and Willamette @ 4.3% so if you're also after some of those (but not the full pound!) give me a yell and we'll work something out ;)

I've also got a bit of a kitchen sink of other hops that I probably won't be using any time soon, so I'd like to give these away to someone who'll use them within the next little while. Free to a good home, but if you require postage you'll need to pay for the Courier TrakPak. All have been kept in the freezer since opening. All weights approximate:

~50g NZ Cascade @9.2%

~25g Pacific Gem @14.6%

~15g Nelson Sauvin @12.3%

~15g Hallertau Aroma @7.6??%

~12g Southern Cross @13.5%

BUT WAIT THERES MORE!

no there's not really... 

Views: 933

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely, after reading their profiles, they sound pretty damn good. 

Columbus is a bit more subdued than cascade, and willamette a bit more earthy and herbal?

do you think willamette provide a nice foundation for something like cascade or sauvin?

Columbus is primarily used for bittering in American beers. Has a really grassy/weedy/herbal/dank flavour and aroma when added late/dry that quite a few big american IPA's include.

Willamette is a really nice base hop. Has a similar intensity to fuggle or goldings where it really nicely balances without being in your face. It pairs really well with Cascade and I can imagine it would do well with the fruitiness of Sauvin.

Cheers for the info, I messaged you my address :)

Do you have any left to sell?

I may be able to, what are you after?

Ideally Willamette or similar

Good call. I wanted to try some Columbus, but got some Willamette from Kelly as well. Damn they smell amazing, probably the best smelling hop I have had the please to put my nose into. I need some recipe inspiration for them now :-)

Hi Kelly

Do you have anything left from this thread, I could drive out and see you on Thursday if your free..

Cheers

Unfortunately not sorry mate, Edmund has dibs'ed the last of my Columbus and Willamette. I'm planning on doing another order in the next few weeks, will post up what I've got in stock when it arrives :) This time they'll likely be more expensive as I'm gonna be grabbing some more expensive varieties like Chinook and Simcoe (if there's any left!) 

Cheers

Hi Kelly

I had a few recipes that i wanted to try that use Simcoe ,Is there any hassle with MAF  bringing in Hops to NZ? 

Regards 

CharlieO

Hey Charlie,

There's no worries with importing hops as long as they're pelletized. You will have some trouble getting whole cone hops in but otherwise they're sweet as with it as far as I know :)

Northern Brewer and Chinook on the way if anyone is interested :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service