Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Does anybody know if there is someone who makes conical fermentors on the homebrewer scale in nz? or does anyone have expereince with ordering these from overseas? what sort of prices etc

Views: 21791

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They just arrived :)

Picked mine up last night. Sweet looking piece.

Got to build a stand, work in some fittings... then the hard part... pick me first brew for it. Probably me Scotch Ale 60...

Nice work Liam.

Hi Liam,  Thanks for the offer of the yeast, most hospitable of you - I will hold off at the moment (but may revisit that decision in the future!).  The cabinet is pretty full of saison currently and I am off on a different tangent now.

More importantly, I have literally just got back from picking up the fermentor. It is exactly as I imagined and bears an uncanny resemblance to my drawings of what I have been planning.  Well done.  I am just itching for the weekend so I can put down my first brew in it.  Will keep you posted of which attachments and fittings I trial, but knocking up a stand will be first priority when the kids hit the sack tonight.

Cheers, John

Are any of the prototypes now on the Kapiti Coast? I'd love to have a look at one (preferably while still empty).

Smiffy (Paraparaumu Beach)

Stokes Valley if you like to drive.

I will have one once I get my ass out to GE and pick it up!

Thanks Grant, but Chris is closer.

Chris, I'll email you in a couple of days if i haven't heard from you.

Smiffy

I can understand the StokesVegas is a bit scarey.

Don't put it down, its OK in daylight!

Good to see they arrived safely and have been well recieved.

Some good feed back and I'm glad the first impressions were good - if a little heavy.  The final design has been agreed to run with dual sockets to house legs and latches for pulling the lid down tight.  Happy to upgrade the prototype tanks at cost btw with the final designs.

Out of interest my home made stand was just trimmed plywood with two staples (one each side) which I used to strap over the top and hold the lid down.  I tapped a lid and piped into a cup of liquid for c02 overfow.  Unfortunately my prototype was taken so I have to wait until I get to brew, hopefully this week :(

I have another design for the lid as well but for now the current lid will have to do.  A bit over designed and heavy plus we need to detail up a socket I think.  I didn't expect them to be pre holed, not sure if thats a good or bad thing.  Personally I would rather make my own holes but would be beneficial for others.

The quick fit fittings are pretty good if you find them, I'll post the details when I get home this arvo.

Hi Liam

A quick question: Are the other models (50l & 65l) going to have the same dimensions but just be taller then the 35l..?

Popped out to get a few bits and peices and see Phil @ Great Expectations so got my one today certainly built to last which I like!

Some how I got the one that had 5 peices of hose inside which I didnt realise til just now - I presume they were to be divvyed up amongst the fermenters?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service