Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi Brewers,

if you are new to homebrewing or have been brewing for some time take a couple of minutes to read this.

Last year I visited New Zealand, not as a tourist, but in the cause of teaching homebrewers like yourself  how to brew good beer. Many of the students expressed an interest in running their own microbrewery one day. Others were interested enough to want to learn some tips and tricks (I call that science and art) in order to make an almost perfect drop.

Lets face it, all homebrewers believe they brew the best beer but at the back of their mind are silently wondering what the best beer should taste like. Of course, everyone has a favourite beer or two but how to get to the stage of replicating that beer is another matter.

Why not cut through all the fluff and hype and learn from an experienced brewer who can distill all the information the large brewers don't want you to know so that you can practically apply the knowledge into your homebrew system and brewing techniques?

I have shown hundreds of students how to brew and even helped them set up their own microbrewery.

I attended a Brews News podcast in Melbourne last night with special guest Professor Charlie Bamforth. For those of you that have heard about Charlie you will know how passionate he is on beer quality. The overwhelming message that he emphasised was that "you should brew a beer consistently and do it well!"

After all, as one author put it; "Life is too short to drink bad beer". So my message to you is that you should stop drinking beer that is below par. Aim for excelence!

So, that leads me to my next visit in New Zealand.

This year I have added a brand new one day course called "Brewing Essentials".

This course is for those leading a busy lifestyle but still wouldn't mind getting an overall view on brewing. It is also well suited to those wanting to learn how to build their own home brewing system.

You can find out more about it here.

The famous 4 day "Masterbrew" course is on again in October!

Last year students were very appreciative and as one student from the Auckland class said;

“Vince is the most intellectual brewer I’ve met, nice to be taught by a nuts and bolts brewer” –  (02/11/11)

You can check this one out here.

I can show you how to brew the best beer possible and do so consistently.

This year I will be coming to Wellington at the new Fork n' Brewer brewery to conduct my courses. This will be in the week preceeding Beervana in August, so if you are in town why not plan your trip to make it really worthwhile.

The other venue will be the same as last year at Hallertau Brewery just outside Auckland.

Enrollments are now open and you can enrol here.

Cheers,

Vincent

P.S. I will confirm special accomadation details shortly for Wellington.

Views: 743

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

re: " the information the large brewers don't want you to know"

The last thing I want to know is how to produce the muck that the large brewers make.

Are you paying Realbeer.co.nz money to be allowed to advertise your business on here, or is this just free advertising for your business?

Luke's picked Vince up on that before.
But lets face it, there's plenty of advertising - or at least self promotion - on the forum from time to time ?

There might be some, but I dont notice much of it. Vince seems to come back and push his business regularly.

I just think that if someone has a business and wants to advertise it on a forum that they should be contributing to the forum. If straight out advertising for a business like this then I would expect the business to pay for some advertising. The forum/site costs money to run.

Not like advertising is especially over the top here 

Advertise for $50/mth +GST
ads@realbeer.co.nz

Hi Brewers,

(For those of you who would rather that I am paying my way on this site, the answer is that I'm negotiating at the moment).

Anyway, in the meantime, I'd like to remind readers of the first courses being held in Wellington in August.

The new one day course has proved to be very popular in Australia and now will be a common feature of my travels.

It is suitable for those extract brewing wanting to go the next step, into all grain brewing. I will cover all the essential elements of brewing AG in the one day Essential course and you even get to learn about some beer faults and what to do about them.You will get;

• Succinct summary of the brewing process
  •  Learn about the 4 major ingredients in beer and how it can affect flavour
  •  The 3 biggest failures of homebrewers AND even microbreweries
  • Learn how to clean and sanitise your equipment
  • Learn how to formulate different beers
  • Learn how to build your own Herms brewing system
  • Beer defects and beer tasting- how to characterize beer flavour

And for those of you that have brewed AG for some time you can take your brewing to another level by joining us in the 4 day Masterbrew course;

• Brewing process explained simply
  • Beer types and recipe formulations
  • Malt and malting
  • Yeast and hops- how each affects flavour
  • Beer defects and beer tasting- how to characterize beer flavour
  • See and participate in brewing a micro-brewed beer
  • Learn about the little know topic on beer stability and filtration
  • Why hygeine is not always an easy thing to do. Learn about the traps and the right way to do it
  • Bottle your own beer to take home
  • Visit a Little Creatures microbrewery and see how beer is brewed and taste their beer as it is being explained to you
  • Take part in a special dinner with matching beers

Bookings are now being taken.

P.S. All going well we will be brewing at the NEW microbrewery Fork 'n Brewer where you can participate during the 4 day Masterbrew course

Cheers,

VC

Correction: Replace Little Creatures with Tuatara microbrewery.

VC

The Wellington courses are filling so don't leave it to too late.

With the Masterbrew course the Brew Day is looking like it will be held at the Black Dog brewery in Wellington because the Fork n' Brewer is running behind schedule and may not be ready on time.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

VC

Hi Brewers,

the Wellington courses are nearly here and are filling up but there are some spaces left.

In the Masterbrew 4 day course we will be brewing at Black Dog Brewery and making a NZ Pale Ale. Wow, just imagine learning on a small microbrewery and putting all the knowledge into practise!

So if you are wanting to learn all the finer points of brewing exceptional craft beer that you can also do at home check out this video on the Costanzo Brewing School, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYetXF0vCSM

And if you cannot make the four day course why not start with the one day "Essentials Brewing"course on the Saturday.

Hope to see you there.

VC

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service