Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Does anybody know if there is someone who makes conical fermentors on the homebrewer scale in nz? or does anyone have expereince with ordering these from overseas? what sort of prices etc

Views: 21791

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the info Farra. My comments about polishing of welds above were actually questions. If purge welded is the appropriate standard for brewery vessels then that is fine! 

just got 3 from http://wzshuangding.en.alibaba.com/product/306932136-209850314/100L...

about $1300 each including shipping, so ha hope them arrive! Got to wait 3-4 weeks :( will let you know

Did you get prices for smaller versions?

How much of your cost is for shipping?

750 USD for shipping for 3 x 100 litre. damn exchange rate :(

i would go for plastic if smaller than 100 litre.. really need someone to import a container load.. :o big outlay though

+1  

This beastie is on my shopping list soon (birthday pressy maybe).

Plastic_Conical

I've emailed them and asked if one of those will withstand any pressure. (The ebay seller in the US  who I asked just didn't reply).

Here is the reply from Jim at inibrewsupply:
This design doesn't have a securing lid, so it's pretty much just ambient pressure (gravity). Even the Blichmann design, with its gasket and band clamp, is limited to a few psi.

Wow... that's weird.  I have normal 30l plastic fermentor and the lid gets pushed up-ish before the water valve starts to leak gas.

I can't see gravity lid vs the pressure offering any sort of protection against bugs getting into your brew. even a few PSI allows the water valve to do its job.

Thanks for the heads up.  Off my list now.

I don't think he meant that only gravity holds the lid on, but that only gravity (not gas pressure) pushes the beer out. I want to be able to use gas pressure to keep the beer under CO2 pressure while transferring it to kegs.

Oh.. (me be dumbarse).

I can see your problem there... you really are looking at a SS model then as I can't see any plastic one resisting even 5psi.

but gravity is what I use... so it may be back on the list   :-)

btw I noticed the US site for the plastic fermentors also mentioned they have a "gasket" for air pressure sealing in their Parts page...  and I could not find it on that page.

http://www.minibrew.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=...

The Blichmann lid is held in place with a clamp. And you can push with about 4PSI, but they're very clear that you shouldn't carbonate in the fermenter. You need to do that in the kegs.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service