Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just having a Tuatara Porter at what is now the closest bar to home...... the Lifeboat in Eastborne.

tuatara is the only craft beer here, the rest is all Lion Nathen generics. :-(
will have to come back when I'm not in scruffy shifting clothes and have words with the manager about this appaling state of affairs!!

that'll teach you to move out of wellington.

Meantime Union, Buxton Axe Edge & Harviestoun Old Engine Oil (In that order)

Enjoyed all of them, but for different reasons. Pick out of the bunch was the Axe Edge.

Well played, Daniel... well played indeed.

There goes another $100... looking forward to that Axe Edge though.

Although I have to go to work in the morning, I figured I would have one beer, Pliny the Elder. I have not tasted it yet, I hope it is good.
How was the Pliny?

It was a very good beer, but it did not live up to the hype. I think that is the problem with hype, one expects to get the most awesome ever, and it sets the expectations too high.

Overall, Pliny the elder was excellent though. I should have made tasting notes. :( 

As I recall, it poured a lovely golden coulor. I am not certain of the hops, perhaps they were citra? A very good beer. I wish I did not hear the hype beforehand.

Was in Wellington for the weekend, so stocked up at Regionals yesterday, before the long drive back to Auckland.

True that drinking out of a plastic cup at the back of the van isn't the best way to enjoy a rigger of Liberty TPA, but shit damn it was still pretty awesome!

The last late hopped pale, more dry hop than usual and makes me wonder why I'm considering changing the base malt

And I'm looking longingly a bottle in the garage, Matthew's last BKP. How's that tasting Matt, had one of the new batch lately, should it be my Friday beer ?
Yep, pop it in the fridge! Just don't drink it too chilled. 8-9'C any cooler you miss out on the chocolatey nose (before the hops kick in, that is).
I didn't chill it til I got home today, the garage is still cool (warm enough to entice a mouse in though)
You're right about the chocolate, though I thought there was a hint of black in there too yea?
The hops are really nice, less cascade than previous versions yea ? And the hops linger nicely too, not too biting

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service