Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

fuck me that's going to be bitter even with a nice big grist like that (I'm assuming ths is 40L?)
leave some bottles aside for a year and see how it develops
Flatmates want a lager, so I've concocted the following with what I have:

OG: 1.051 || IBU: 23 || SRM: 6 || 25L

3.6kg Light LME (1.8kg added at end of boil)
0.5kg Light DME (also added at end of boil)
10g Pacific Gem @ 60
15g NZ Hallertauer @ 30
15g " " @ 10
10g " " @ 0
2 x Saflager S-23
+ Irish Moss

Oh yeah, dry stout smells and tastes fantastic, I racked it to secondary for a fortnight, very excited for this one. Bottled the Pilsner also, I think the extract was old as it has a mild soapyish taste to it; nice hoppiness flavours though.
What's brewing ?

This Sunday it's a Black Rock Dry Lager with converter kit, a Birthday present.
If I don't play with it, I'll enter it in the comp !
what will the converter kit convert it into?
NZ lager I read
so what does the converter kit consist of? chemicals? ho ho
The very finest !

Cooking omelettes, mixing beer .. sure beats a few hours in the garage on a cold day

It was given to me as a present, so I feel sort of obligated to brew it.

Also planning a sleep in Sunday morning after the Sydney test so don't really feel like a full on morning.

Should be ok if I spice it up a bit and it'll fill some bottles ready for the spring silly season
oh i was just joking, and more about nz lagers than about kits too. this whole business of steinie and speights advertising their 'pure' beers and the implications that their other offerings are somehow less pure amuses me. i really ought to try a kit again sometime, as long as it is fresh and i've got some decent yeast to ferment it with.
You take that sort of talk back to the Our Brew thread please Mr S !

I've got a premium brand kit here and I'll put it in pretty green bottles to enhance my experience
Don't forget to mention (often) that it's brewed in New Zealand, and give it a name that connects with nature/natural theme. Hmmm, how about something trite like "100% Pure NZ Lager"? :p
Sum It Up Lager, a great beer that embodies the spirit of the modern Northern Suburbs Man

I'll bottle it in 750ml glass and have it after a work out in the vege garden, rekindle the spirit of the long gone and often maligned good Kiwi Joker, 1/4 sections, rugby racing & beer, 6 O'Clock swill .. what more could you ever want from a Premium Our Kit Beer ?
don't forget to leave it in the sun. and serve it at 1C.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service