Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

i have got a brew which should be ready to bottle its been in primary for 16 days now but theres some crap on the surface (see photo) that dosnt want to sink?! anybody know what it could be? should i rack then bottle? or leave it longer to see if it sinks? its a blonde ale (og 1.050 fg 1.014) yeast is saf s04 dry ale. any advise appreciated

Views: 62

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like yeast to me.  I'd have a taste of the beer and if it tastes OK then it should be fine.  I've seen yeast do similar things, although not quite that lumpy.  I'd just bottle it while trying to avoid the lumps.

Mmmm chunky!!

Sorry, I have no experience with this. If it was me I would probably rack to a bottling vessel avoiding the lumps and bottle... I would probably taste the brew to make sure it was tasting ok before I went to the trouble of bottling tho as that could be something other than the yeast you actually want growing in your beer.

Have you ever had something like this stuff floating around in your brew before?? I am interested to know what it might be so I will know what to do if my brew looks like that! 

never had it before, this is the first batch that i used koppafloc granules, and im wondering if it has caused the proteins to coagulate more than normal? the beer tastes good as
Out of curiosity, at what temps did you ferment at?
pitched at 25 fermented at 20
Actually looks like big chunks for protein trub to me... did you chill this in your fermenter? Either way... yeast or protein - just rack into a bottling bucket for bulk priming - I'd be suprised if it makes it past the tap on the way out (or siphon hose for that matter...).

sweet thanks for info

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service