Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi, I am new to realbeer and thought that some people may be intersted in learning about all grain brewing in a 5 day course.

I would be the principle teacher and run similar courses from Sydney and Melbourne. Due to their popularity I would like to extend an invitation to those interested in doing such a course. If there is enough interest I will set up a course in NZ.

The course covers topics on;

Malting and Malt

Yeast, Hops and Water

Effect of each ingredient on beer flavour

Beer design and types of beer

Flavour assessment and how you can pick up faults

What to do about faults

Filtration and Beer Stability, How to keep your beer looking and tasting fresh for longer

BREW on a small microbrewery scale for a full day

Package some commercially brewed beer

Visit a microbrewery and see and taste the beer

and much more

This course is suitable for anyone wanting to learn how all the pieces of brewing fit together, improve your brewing skills and make exceptional beer consistently.

It is also a steping stone for those homebrewers wanting to enter the microbrewing industry.

Cost will be around NZ$1300 for 5 days

For further information see similsr courses run in Australia, Click here http://www.costanzobrewing.com/Brewing%20Courses.htm

About Vincent Costanzo (B.Sc), (M.Sc.)

Graduated in 1979 in chemistry at Monash University and went on to successfully complete a

Master of Science degree at Monash in organic chemistry. 

30 years experience in the food and beverage industry, the majority in the beverage industry.

In 1986 joined Foster’s Brewing Group as a brewer and worked supervising the production of beer at the historic Bouverie St. brewery at Carlton. 

In 1987 transferred to the largest brewery in the Southern Hemisphere, Abbotsford Brewery.

Appointed Shift Manager before moving to the process and profitability area within the laboratories in 1990.

For 10 years worked on process improvements in order to improve profitability of the Fosters Group.

The work included increasing shelf life of beer and optimizing diatomaceous earth filtration.

As an acknowledged world leader in beer particle formation control, was invited to make a presentation at the

Victoria Falls Institute of Brewing (IOB) International Conference in 1995.  

Recognised as having been responsible for increasing shelf life of beer at CUB which assisted materially in opening up new markets domestically and around the globe for CUB. It meant that Fosters could be exported to Japan and Asia.

In addition, shelf life of Fosters was improved in the Middle East, Great Britain and the Americas.

The concept of Carlton Cold beer in clear bottles was brought into reality as a consequence of the stabilization development work done by Vincent Costanzo.

In 2001 joined craft brewery Stockade, and played a significant part in this brewery being built from the ground up to become the largest microbrewery on the east coast.

Set up the Stockade laboratory, brewed the well received and International awarded Stockade Pilsner and was instrumental in setting up and running the filtration and stabilization unit. Appointed Head Brewer in 2004.

Brewed some famous brands of beer under license, such as St. Arnou, Brewtopia, Pikes and Matilda Bay brands

and in addition designed and brewed Chopper Heavy Lager for "Chopper" Reed.

Views: 824

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've read some good things about your courses on the AHB forums, good on you for looking over here for potential customers :o)

Personally, the cost makes it prohibitive, but hopefully you get enough people to make it go ahead!!

I have had some enquiries already. That's why I thought of giving it a go. There is a 5 day day course at the University but expect to pay double this amount.
where were you thinking of running it?

I have not decided yet but would be open to suggestions. I have been given some ideas and I think it won't be far from Auckland.

Hi Brewers,

the course will be run out of Hallertau brewery, just 20 minutes from Auckland. Enrollments now open and you can pay a deposit to enroll.(It was going to be at sawmill brewery originally but I think the closer location will suit most people)

And remember you will be able to brew with Stephen the brewer/owner.

I'd like to update on this post.

The course is very likely to be run in early November for 5 days (Saturday-Wednesday) .It will cover all aspects of homebrewing and microbrewing so suitable for both types of students.The cost will be around NZ$1300 and will run close to Auckland.

Further enquiries are welcome. Preliminary enrollments by deposit are now being taken.

Please refer to website for enrollment form,

http://www.costanzobrewing.com/Brewing%20Courses.htm 

I'm in the process of upgrading my website and the NZ course deatails will be up and running today. However, to enrol and get an idea of contents you can click on any of the other Masterclass courses run in Austarlia. They are similar in content. Please go to the new link www.costanzobrewing/home-brewing-courses

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Brewers,

The venue has been set, the time is nearly here. To enroll in the short brewing course at Hallertau brewery or for further information go to

www.costanzobrewing/home-brewing-courses

The start date is 29th October for 5 days. The cost is NZ$1300.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service