Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

You can get your first taste of this beer at Regionals in Wellington this Friday at 4pm. I had my official taste tonight - the pictured bottle is the first bottle... I might keep it for a while!

Views: 401

Comment by Reviled on May 28, 2010 at 11:42am
So keen for a bottle!!
Comment by Stu McKinlay on May 28, 2010 at 12:39pm
how many g/l hopping Jo (dry and kettle)?
.... hopefully loads in the kettle
Comment by nzbrewer on May 28, 2010 at 7:52pm
Warminster Floor Malted Optic Barley is this the same malt as Galbraith has been raving about for the 6-12 months? So we can now buy it via Cryer?
Comment by JoKing on May 28, 2010 at 8:07pm
Yeah - there wasn't anything written on the sack, so I asked for a COA for the base malt... supposedly "Bairds Organic Malt" and it was there on the COA that the malt is actually from Warminster Maltings in Wiltshire. It was pretty good stuff, but I wouldn't say it would be as good as the Maris Otter that Warminster produces.
Comment by Matthew on May 29, 2010 at 9:40am
Phenomenal beer! On the nose it's like a freshly opened hop bag, could sniff it from a meter away. Barely noticed the 9% it was so well balanced. It was right up there with the Green Flash and Sierra we tasted afterwards too. Well done :D
Comment by JoKing on May 29, 2010 at 9:46am
Just had a look at the recipe now Stu - 24g/l in the kettle and then a further 13g/l in the dry hop... Thanks for the great feedback Matthew.
Comment by Bambule on May 29, 2010 at 12:10pm
Lovely beer Jo had one on tap at Hashigo and another snifter at Regionals. I was expecting an all out hop assault and it delivered, and so drinkable. There was a lot of complementary noises being made, sounds like they shifted a few units too
Comment by Glynn Foster on May 29, 2010 at 6:30pm
#394 is mine, all mine! Looking forward to a tasting!
Comment by Stu McKinlay on May 30, 2010 at 1:01pm
I'm glad I got two bottles as the first one hardly touched the sides, so I need another before sending Jo my thoughts... For those of you hoping that His Majesty 2010 will be joining the "arms race" of hoppy beers, I better warn you now that it won't be. Maybe next year! ;-)
Comment by Nicholas Jones on June 1, 2010 at 6:21pm
Got the mass email last week from Ron, just got back from a weekend away and reading this post am a little scared I might miss out, so Ive just placed my order, looking forward to it Jo

Comment

You need to be a member of RealBeer.co.nz to add comments!

Join RealBeer.co.nz

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service