Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

The Real Hawke's Bay

Information

The Real Hawke's Bay

Who cares about wine...? Wouldn't you rather get together, drink good beer and swap recipes, ideas etc... Of course you would.

Members: 23
Latest Activity: Nov 22, 2015

Discussion Forum

Hb Amateur Winemakers and Brewers

Started by David Grant Oct 22, 2015. 0 Replies

Hey Brewers ... and BrewstersIt's obvious that the only organised meeting place for Brewers of all Classes(ie Kits,extracts and All Grain in Hawkes Bay is HB Amateur W &B Club. Yes I know it's…Continue

Tags: bay, Hawkes

Catch up time... (code for 'sittin round drinkin beer talkin sh!t')

Started by Fairlane. Last reply by FatD Oct 5, 2013. 14 Replies

ok guys I think it's that time again... I'm proposing Sunday 6th Oct at my place out on the farm.  This gives you all time to sort your lives out  :)Continue

B.A.D. III

Started by Jim Poppelwell. Last reply by Nathan Murrell Feb 22, 2013. 1 Reply

Hi Everybody,Just wanted to let you know about Beer Appreciation Day III coming up on Saturday, March 2... eight days and counting!We've managed to pull together our biggest range of beers to date,…Continue

Tags: bay, hawke's, festivals

Another 'Masher' in the Bay

Started by John Pagler. Last reply by John Pagler Oct 10, 2011. 5 Replies

Hi Guys,I am fairly new to the Bay and would welcome the chance to meet up with other 'Mashers' or Home Brewers in the area. I moved to Napier from S Wales just over three and a half years ago and…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment by FatD on September 20, 2012 at 10:22am

1769 Maraekakaho Rd

Few hundred metres past bridge pa township.. Past the golf course and aerodrome..

Yip all on.

Comment by Adrian Tayler on September 20, 2012 at 10:28am

thats a fair hike for me to go, drink and drive home again on a thursday night..... are you open in the weekends? might be best to bring the missus so she can carry me home..

Comment by Fairlane on September 20, 2012 at 11:22am

Adrian, that's another reason why I was offering you a ride....

Comment by John Pagler on September 20, 2012 at 1:49pm

Looking forward to catching up with everyone. Steve and I should be arriving 7.15, bringing my son as well. I started him off on kits last year for his 23rd - irresponsible parenting! Does anyone know if Sparky is coming along?

Comment by Fairlane on September 20, 2012 at 4:13pm

Unfortunately Sparky has a prior engagement.

Comment by Nathan Murrell on September 21, 2012 at 7:25am
Great night thanks guys! Awesome to try some other people's brews and get some feed as well. Going have to branch out now and try some other recipes. Thanks for your hospitality Dermot ;)
Comment by FatD on September 21, 2012 at 12:48pm

Yes, will have to branch out as well :o definitely good to try some beers. That 20% alc beer got me. Lucky didn't have to drive home! :)

Cheers,

Comment by Steve Manning on September 24, 2012 at 7:14am
I also really enjoyed meeting up with everyone. Great beers all round and heaps of top ideas and beer styles to think about - thanks Dermot.
Comment by John Pagler on September 24, 2012 at 9:01am

Thanks for a good night Dermot, great venue and host with a good bunch of guys and beers. There is a wealth of idea's and brewing knowledge in the group which we should keep sharing around with nights like that. Keen to do that collaboration brew Dermot and I shall definately look around for some of those different yeasts we discussed. Cheers 

Comment by Fairlane on September 24, 2012 at 12:23pm

Yeah a good evening with some good beers alright.  Now the trick is to keep the momentum going....

Comment

You need to be a member of The Real Hawke's Bay to add comments!

Members (23)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service