Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

The Real Hawke's Bay

Information

The Real Hawke's Bay

Who cares about wine...? Wouldn't you rather get together, drink good beer and swap recipes, ideas etc... Of course you would.

Members: 23
Latest Activity: Nov 22, 2015

Discussion Forum

Hb Amateur Winemakers and Brewers

Started by David Grant Oct 22, 2015. 0 Replies

Hey Brewers ... and BrewstersIt's obvious that the only organised meeting place for Brewers of all Classes(ie Kits,extracts and All Grain in Hawkes Bay is HB Amateur W &B Club. Yes I know it's…Continue

Tags: bay, Hawkes

Catch up time... (code for 'sittin round drinkin beer talkin sh!t')

Started by Fairlane. Last reply by FatD Oct 5, 2013. 14 Replies

ok guys I think it's that time again... I'm proposing Sunday 6th Oct at my place out on the farm.  This gives you all time to sort your lives out  :)Continue

B.A.D. III

Started by Jim Poppelwell. Last reply by Nathan Murrell Feb 22, 2013. 1 Reply

Hi Everybody,Just wanted to let you know about Beer Appreciation Day III coming up on Saturday, March 2... eight days and counting!We've managed to pull together our biggest range of beers to date,…Continue

Tags: bay, hawke's, festivals

Another 'Masher' in the Bay

Started by John Pagler. Last reply by John Pagler Oct 10, 2011. 5 Replies

Hi Guys,I am fairly new to the Bay and would welcome the chance to meet up with other 'Mashers' or Home Brewers in the area. I moved to Napier from S Wales just over three and a half years ago and…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment by Peter Youngquest on October 17, 2012 at 2:46pm

how is the color and gravity?

Comment by Nathan Murrell on October 17, 2012 at 3:31pm

Just got it all in the pot after a little sparging and about to come up to the boil....will sample it very soon. Can see the orange colour that you mentioned already though

Comment by Nathan Murrell on December 13, 2012 at 9:01pm

Ooooh look...a new member. Welcome Andrew.

We must look at organising another session in the new year...who's keen?

Comment by Steve Manning on December 14, 2012 at 10:25am
I second that. Welcome to Andrew and lets meet again now that we have our tasting notes back from the SOBA competition. Merry Christmas to all
Comment by FatD on December 19, 2012 at 4:41pm

happy to host another one.. keen to try everyone's new beers.. Fairlane want to buy some ginga ninga and vintage porter next time you out this way :)

done a new English, Scottish, larger, red ale and pale ale since last one. finding it's getting a bit hard with the heat to keep below 21 deg :o

Comment by Fairlane on January 8, 2013 at 12:10pm

Hmm not much of the Ginja Ninja left so you may wish to pop out my way if you're really keen....

Comment by FatD on January 25, 2013 at 5:46pm

Anyone keen for a get together Thurs 7th Feb?

Also placing an order with Cryer malt early next week. Anyone want a full bag of o/s malt for $80 or NZ malt for $60.

still keen for some ninja :o

Comment by Fairlane on February 5, 2013 at 4:14pm

Keen for another get together but maybe not on that date...  I really feel more like a lazy Sunday arvo type get together.

I can do one at mine on the 17th...? 

And there is only about 1 doz of the nija left....  I would have got some malt off you but I just got a couple of bags of Weyermans Pilsner.  Next time maybe...

Comment by FatD on February 11, 2013 at 11:30am

Yip. Can do the afternoon. What's the address? I can pickup some ninja then.

Got 11 bags of malt this week, so just about have most malts.. finally got some melanoidin and biscuit.

Just kegged a black ipa. was a bit hot in ferment last week though :(

cheers,

Comment by Nathan Murrell on July 28, 2013 at 9:12pm

Hi guys, does anyone want some quart bottles? And a few other random ones. Have a couple crates free to a good home as we are packing up and heading south to the craft beer capital. Let me know ;)

Comment

You need to be a member of The Real Hawke's Bay to add comments!

Members (23)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service