Grainfather Users Group

Information

Grainfather Users Group

Members: 48
Latest Activity: Nov 13, 2018

Discussion Forum

Grainfather Version history

Started by Jeff Nov 13, 2018. 0 Replies

Hi all.I've re-discovered home-brewing over the past three years having previously made some awful stuff in the early eighties with a bunch of mates whose common thread was having a mortgage and no…Continue

WORLD Brew Day - Sat May 5th

Started by Chris Carter. Last reply by Chris Carter May 6, 2018. 3 Replies

HIJust wondered if any of you are partaking.  Sounds like good excuse to brew another beer and have a bit of fun along the way.I'm housing a brewday with a few folk who are keen to learn about AG…Continue

Tags: World Brew Day 2018, Little Creatures IPA Clone

Grainfather Beer Quality

Started by MrC. Last reply by MrC Apr 30, 2018. 9 Replies

There is plenty of information on the web about the brewing experience with the Grainfather and to honest it looks very appealing and I'm tempted to get my credit card out right now and buy one.…Continue

Tags: Quality, Beer, Grainfather

Reiteration mashing

Started by Mark Weusten Apr 3, 2017. 0 Replies

I did an Imperial stout in the weekend and mashed two lots of 5kg grain to get the required abv. Week 74 Grainfather blog tells me to…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment by Karl Summerfield on October 9, 2014 at 4:49pm

John Palmer mentions a couple of oxalic acid based cleaners which are effective for stainless and copper.

He also recommends PBW with copper and "percarbonate-based cleaners" (PBW again?) for stainless steel. Wondering if PBW might be all that is required...

Comment by Dene McDonald on October 9, 2014 at 5:08pm

I've asked the company and the official word is don't use oxi clean as it's bad for it, but the make up of their cleaner is almost the same.

Comment by Dene McDonald on October 10, 2014 at 9:31pm

Sorry about the dodgy camera work... thought I would do a quick cooling test with my immersion chiller.

Comment by Chris on October 14, 2014 at 6:50am

Has anyone sampled their beer made with the GF?

I am about to put mine into a keg soon, curious as to how the first batches went for people

Comment by Taubin on October 14, 2014 at 6:54am

I've had smoe of my Chur! kit, and it was really good. I know a few others have mentioned they've tried it as well and really liked it. 
Video of mine here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KL2S1ZsUoI

Comment by John H on October 14, 2014 at 8:19am

I saw Brewers Coop has the GF cleaner in stock when I popped in there last week.

Comment by Taubin on October 14, 2014 at 8:21am

I ordered some off the GF website on the 5th and it still hasn't shown up, I'm starting to get a bit upset.

Comment by Mark Thomas on October 14, 2014 at 8:40am
Taubin you should give imake a call - I order cleaner last Wednesday and it arrived (at my Auckland address) on Friday
Comment by Taubin on October 14, 2014 at 8:41am

I'll shoot them an email, I live 2 minutes from their location. 

Comment by Mark Thomas on October 14, 2014 at 8:41am
Chris - yes I've probably drunk about half of my Chur brew so far! Its nigh on indistinguishable from the original bought beer. Really good

Comment

You need to be a member of Grainfather Users Group to add comments!

Members (47)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service