Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Thought it might be handy to have a thread for some of the more advanced brewers to give some advice on recipes.

Let's see how it goes eh...

Views: 70876

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pacific Jade early in the boil is fine.  Pacific Jade is one of my preferred bittering hops due to the smooth rounded bitterness that it gives.  I have a Pale Ale fermenting right now that has Pacific Jade as the bittering hop, 10 & 0 minute additions as well as dry hops.  The late additions are only there as supporting hops but they work well at any stage.

Pacific Jade early with Summit and Cascade later would make a nice combo I think.

ditto those comments. Today I put down a pale ale using pacific jade for bittering (25min & 10min), teamed up with some cascade, nelson sauvin and wai-iti. 

Tired something different today - drew off the clear wort into one FV, then dumped the rest of the wort, break and hops into a separate FV, added some water and yeast and will see if I get a palatable 3.5% mini pale ale out of it....

Cool - thanks for the responses. I think I'll use the Pacific Jade at 0mins followed by the Summit at 10 and 20. Cheers

After almost over-doing it on massive-hopped American IPA/IIPAs (which I do love), I really enjoyed Liberty/Galbraiths recent collab IIPA "Liberum Ursum", and it got be thinking about brewing a more traditional English-style IPA/IIPA. Has anyone got a good recipe or any suggestions for a starting point?? Or even suggestions for other more traditional English IPAs to drink for inspiration? The only other one I've tried (as best I can remember) was Yeastie Boys Burton-style Her Magesty (2012 I think?), which was quite different to the Galbraiths one but also very nice.

3 boys IPA is along those lines from memory?

oh and Epic did one... message in a bottle or something?

Try Townshend's Sutton Hoo – a perfect example of subtlety and balance, so drinkable.

Emerson's 1812 is also way more towards the balanced end of the spectrum. And also super drinkable.

Mmmm Sutton Hoo is awesome. And always seems to be on special in the supermarket in Nelson.

Sprig and Fern IPA would be another. JCIPA from Townshend. Does Hopback from Twisted Hop count or too hoppy?

I see Emersons call 1812 a pale ale now instead of an IPA? Is good whatever style it is!

Now that you mention it I have tried 1812, Three Boys IPA and the Message In A Bottle and enjoyed all of them! Going to have to hunt down some recipes I think.

really wish there was a recipe out there for the message in a bottle.

Has anyone used Ahtanum?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service