Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Thought it might be handy to have a thread for some of the more advanced brewers to give some advice on recipes.

Let's see how it goes eh...

Views: 70873

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did that one but subbed in wai-iti for riwaka due to not being able to get any at the time, did it for a mates 40th turned out pretty darn good

Funnily enough, I'll actually be making the bookie as well. It'll be a double brew day

Same Malt bill for both, but with different hop combo's

1-NZ Fuggles and Riwaka 

2-Pacifica and Riwaka

Same Hops additions as well, will be a good wee experiment, to see what hops go well with Riwaka (although theres not alot of Riwaka around).

Zane if you type in the search for Spellbinder, theres a couple, 1 by studio1 and the other is from the recent case swap.

Yes, I already have a recipe that I have brewed before based on the spellbinder recipe which I am happy to go forward with.

I did a sessionable ale on the weekend. Sauvin to bitter then motueka and styrians at 10 and 1
Sort of inspired by the recent Spellbinder talk in the thread.

Final hydrometer sample tasted great, just a shame I lost 3 1/2 litres onto the garage floor, not keeping an eye on things

Nice one JT, yeah i know that feeling, although it hasn't happened to me in while...

I've actually got two very similar beers on the go like this...

The first is obviously the Spellbinder beer...

The second is a more sessionable version of Trip Hop by Garage Project. Using Riwaka, Motueka and Pacifica. all in equal amount to the same IBU's as spellbinder. Although I've adjusted the malt types to be more like Trip Hop. 

Will be brewed on the same day, and a side by side, for malt taste will be had :). Should be tasty for Crate Day :)

All kegged and gassed,a disappointing 17 litres but thems the breaks.

I'm sure I'm a bit lighter that the Spellbinder recipe, used 6% Caramalt and 3% dark crystal or thereabouts.

Nice malt but thinking I might try this with a little Gladfeild Toffee with it next time, just take it in a different direction

17 litres, that is disappointing, make the most of it while you have it mate, it'll dissapear quickly.... JT what was your mash temp?

Got mine going down this weekend. 

I'll be using Toffee malt in mine, finney's is my new source for everything beer.

Yea, but it's so good 'n fresh.
Mash was 68

I've been thinking again about the toffee. This beer has got a really nice balance, I'm wondering how to keep that balance with the extra flavour from the Toffee

I've got toffee for it. I'll let you know how it comes out bro.

I've got one on the go, I'll tell you in a week or so!

Just had a bookbinder at Brothers Beer in the sun,  ok now I know why everyone raves about it.

Keen to try making this now

Has anyone experience in using citra hops in a pilsner / larger.

Not for the bittering more at the end flavour / aroma.

What size additions etc

Was thinking along lines of a rockhopper with  citra for the hopper, a lawnmower beer?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service