Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hey, Can anyone vouch for the quality of some of the Brew Pots on TM? There have been a bunch popping up over the past month or so and are at reasonable prices.

Pots like this 31Lt one...buy now of $55 is quite tempting. Or even $75 for a 71Lt pot....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/retail-hospitali...

Views: 2505

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

trade me had some a while ago

Or a gas fitter shop. Gas Link in Chch made mine up.

I thought this thread was about something else...

I got  a 51 L stainless pot from savebarn on tm. It's fine. came with lid, I'd recommend inspecting before you purchase as some of the handle welds can be a bit marginal. I use a 2.3kw electric element. works great

Is that a high or low density element? How long for a full 23L boil.

I'm in the process of researching an electric system.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/retail-hospitali...

I just bought and used one of this yesterday, ran like a dream.  Cheap pot and a little flimsy if you were to try and lift it with the handles when full but did the trick for me.  Very impressed for $85.  Might get 4-5 years out of it and just use simple skin fittings so I can put them through another if I have to replace it.  Looking at getting another 2 now to speed things up.

I burn with high pressure king kooker gas burners that make my kegs glow cherry and the pot took it fine - I made sure it had liquor in it before firing up of course.  Boiled 70 - 75 litres in about 30 minutes.

Gotta be careful with the volumes on those GreatPriceNZ ones.. just bought a 31L one at $1R, only to find out it holds about 20L (at the brim).. No chance of getting a full boil into one of these! The price is right and the quality is actually fairly good though.

I'd be pretty gutted with that mate...

I am awaiting delivery now of a 51Lt pot that I scored for $20 (+shipping)...from the same supplier, so I hope its a decent size. I am surprised its that different (11Lts)...a while back I bought a 20Lt pot from Mitre10 and it only held 16 to the brim!

Cheers

In saying that, they were terrible to deal with...

Won auction on 11th, paid via internet banking on 12th and followed up with an email informing them of my win and deposit. No reply. Followed up with an email on the 15th...no reply...followed up with a third email on the 18th (one week after auction closed). Finally got a call from them on the 19th.

This is where it got interesting. First response was, the auction I won wasnt there's...wtf?...then when I quoted the auction number, they said they hadnt received any of my emails till last night...then they said my deposit wasnt showing...oh hang on, now they've found it but were confused as I emailed them from my work email which was different, even though I quoted the auction number each time to save confusion. 

The Pot better be reasonable quality and hold 51Lts or thereabouts...

Rant over : )

Lol.. the joys of TradeMe aye.. ;P at least when you have a really good experience on TM it's all the sweeter i guess.

You should be fine doing brews in your 51L hopefully as long as they're less than 25L... I'm guessing it'll hold about 35L a the brim.. Let me know how much it really holds though as I may try send this guy back and pick up the 51L version instead. 

I think that old truth holds true in this situation too.. you get what you pay for (why does it always come back to spite my ass!?) 

:)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service