Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a basic Crankandstein mill from the US.  Shipping for up to 3 or 4 of their 2 roller mills is US$45 to NZ, so I'm wanting to see if there is anyone that might be interested in a bulk order.

I've done a few calculations and 3 units of the 2S (basic model) landed in NZ would be about NZ$120 all up per unit (plus local shipping if outside Christchurch). 2 units works out at about NZ$130 per unit.  Any more than 3 units and we'd go over the NZ$400 gst limit so the price is a little higher.  So it looks like 3 units is the sweet spot.

So is there anyone who might be interested in getting in on something like this?

Thanks

Andy (in Christchurch)

Views: 415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll post a bit of a review once I get it up and running, Tom.

Hauraki Homebrew have a cheap miller:

http://www.haurakihomebrew.co.nz/product_info.php?products_id=1666

Cheap but I get the impression that it would be shit.

Co-brewer says we need a another fermenter before we get a crusher so I'm out I'm afraid. Sorry!

Good impression Paul - that mill at Hauraki is an absolute sack!!

Jeezuz, just looked at Hauraki and saw Columbus pellets for $25?!?!?!?!?!

Holy sh*t!!

Shit back in my day son you could buy a Kg for $40 bucks!! haha, I suppose its a Supply Vs Demand, If you like it buy it!! As we wont be getting anymore for a while I reacon
I recall getting 5kg, it cost alot, but man, weighing it up for everyone was a more than pleasant experiance ;o)

No problem Paul.

The Hauraki Homebrew mill is one of those Corona style mills, designed for making flour, I think.  Apparently they are usable for brewing but for literally a few bucks more a made-for-purpose grain mill is the way to go.

Thanks

Andy

"Apparently they are usable for brewing"

That is seriously debatable mate, like you say they are used for making flour - when brewing you want a certain portion of the husk to be intact.

That Corona mill would be buying yourself a problem, all the feedback i've heard from people who shelled out for them has been that they regretted buying them.

Agreed.  I think it would be crazy to pay $110 for one of those when you can get a purpose built unit for $120.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I thought my name was up for one of these?

Dave

I sent you a couple of private messages Dave but I haven't heard back from you.  If you are interested then we are still looking for a 3rd person.

Are you still interested in splitting a sack of pale malt?  I've confirmed the price at $50 a sack.

Andy

Hey Andy,

Dead keen to jump on in for the order if there's still room,
Call or text me on 0273271956 if it's good.

Cheers

Fraser

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service