Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Anybody tried that brewcraft no rinse sanitizer? I can't get starsan anywhere so im looking for a good alternative. Preferably no rinse like starsan. It just looks like it saves alot of time and hassle.

Thanks

Views: 4720

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i'm intrigued as to your reason?

i've never used it but i was going to after my starsan ran out as apparently mike isn't stocking it anymore.

my local micro uses caustic/rinse/rinse/peracetic(sp?) rinse

maybe i should see if i can buy some peracetic from him!

I'm 50% with you Kieran. Not a fan of Iodophor, and I love nappysan/Sard/oxy* as a cleaner, but I do love SarSan for no-rinse joy. I'm just going to bring some in from Oz I think.
Could you elaborate on why you aren't a fan of iodophor? this bottle of starsan won't last me forever...

Yeah, I'm leaning the same way. Apparently the lack of StarSan is due to Brewcraft stopping importing it. Mike at Brewers Coop has asked Five Star Chemicals about importing it himself but they're insisting on him stocking their full range and bringing in a pallet at a time.

If you're doing an Aussie order Greig and want to spread the shipping cost, I'm happy to join in.

Yeah, just might do that Martin.

Richard: Mainly the same as Kieran, it imparts a visible stain, and I worry about flavour taint. I *swear* I could taste it, even using it only at the recommended concentration. I won't use it again.

I could definitly taste it. I hated all the beer I brewed when I was using it. Mine came from Stu and was in fairness a duff bottle , it formed sediment!!! but it was enouth to put me off.
I've always associated the sediment with iodophor being too old or photo-degraded.
yep you are probibly right.

"I could definitly taste it."

Sorry Kieran, but if you were using non photo-degraded iodophor at the correct dilution rate, I seriously doubt you can taste it.

I have had many people tell me how sh*t they think Iodophor is, and that they can taste it etc etc, and thats when I let them know the beer they have in their hand, from me, was not sanitised using starsan after all, but in fact Iodophor.

The response I usually get is feeble - "You cant taste anything through all these hops anyway" or "now that you mention it"

Have you forgotten when I asked if you use Iodophor to sanitise bro?

You Joseph, are the exception to my rule, being the only person who has picked it up blind!!

But between you and me, I reckon it was just a blind guess ;o) LOL

That double dilution trick is a good un, worth noting!!

I'm not saying that I can taste it in all beer brewed using it. I have never tasted it Stu's beer. But I definitly tasted it in mine. Like I said there was something wrong with the bottle I had but it was enouth to put me off.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service