Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Next Auckland area meeting: 12th September (plus other ideas)

Many thanks to all who came along to our last meeting at my house on Saturday, and thanks for all the interesting homebrews and commercial beers you brought. We had a great afternoon.

The next meeting will be on the regular second Saturday and so will be on Saturday 12th September at 2pm at Galbraiths Alehouse. It's a while since we went along there and interesting things are afoot, so I thought we should pay a visit. I'm in discussions with Keith about a theme for the meeting and we have a couple of ideas up our sleeves which I'll confirm nearer the time. Please let me know if you're planning to come along.

Thinking slightly further ahead I've been having wild notions of a SOBA weekend away. The Wellingtonians organised a successful trip to Nelson in March, and I'm thinking of something along the same lines. My vague plan would be:
Saturday - drive to Rotorua, visit Croucher brewery and UNDERGROUND bar. Stay overnight in Rotorua.
Sunday: drive to Tauranga, visit the brew bar there (whose name eludes me at the moment). Return to Auckland in the evening.
optional Friday addition: drive down to Hamilton, have a few beers at the Ruakura Campus Club. Stay over in Hamilton ready for departure to Rotorua in the morning.

If I'm going to organise this event I'll need to get an early indication of who might be interested. Ideally I'd like to organise something in October but it might take a little longer to get together. I'm envisaging that people would carpool and probably organise their own accommodation, although if we have enough attendees we might be able to coordinate something. Let me know if you'd be interested in coming along.

Cheers & beers,

Martin

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interest in the weekend away in October was low so I have rescheduled this for March next year.

Please let me know if you're planning to come to Galbraiths on the 12th September. I'm hoping that we will be able to have a comparative tasting of a bottled version of one of the Galbraiths beers against its draught equivalent, as well as a sneak preview of an upcoming seasonal beer. It'll also be an opportunity to discuss matters arising from the SOBA AGM (to be held in Wellington on the Beervana weekend).
I'll be there.

Reviled: get fucked! ;)

Seriously though, I was thinking that we might work with the RCC to get something special happening beer wise for the SOBA visit. If nobody wants to come to Hamilton though, I won't bother.
Put me down for Gailbraiths, as I missed out on Beervana this year want to hear all your stories. next year though I have booked it already as will be moving to Wellington in December :)

See you all there.

Chris
Put me down for a maybe on the 12th... I might have a game of paintball on that day...
I'm planning on making it to Galbraiths, and I'd like to think I could be a starter for the roadtrip. I have another lads roadtrip annually around March/April which would take preference, it's all down to timing.
The rate at which this year is evaporating kind of rules October out for me at least - don't take offense Martin. You do a fantastic and largely thankless job, we are very appreciative.
Just a quick reminder that the next SOBA Auckland-area meeting will be held at Galbraith's Alehouse on Saturday 12th September at 2pm. The plan is to taste the new bottled version of Galbraith's Munich lager and compare it to the draught product. We may hopefully also get a sneak preview of a new Galbraith's beer. I'd also like to spend a few minutes bringing you up to speed with the outcome of the SOBA AGM that was held in Wellington during Beervana.

If you're planning to come along on Saturday, please let me know if you haven't done so already.
Keen as.
Just me and you then Martin?

What's the roll call look like?
I think we've got about 10-12 all up.
Sorry mate, I'm working. :(
yip - I'll be there (I should have recovered from having too many last night by the - the Duvel at Brew on Quay at the end of the night didn't help!)
I'm there. As is Alex. Sam - I'll try not to spew on the way home this time! ;)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service