Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi folk,

I wondered whether you might know of a reference I can access that will tell me all the New Zealand hops and their characteristics? And if you were making something along the lines of a special/best bitter what NZ hops would you replace East Kent Goldings with? (Would NZ Sauvin do it? I think there is also a NZ Goldings and I wondered how that might compare with the UK variety)?

Cheers,

Ian

Views: 1036

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah we would all love the experience that denimglen has, although I am pretty sure our livers won't ;)

Just stumbled across this in the libary, looks like quite a handy tool if it is reliable.

That tool combines a couple of the guides I've been combining into a spreadsheet - looks useful, thanks for posting. 

What'd be great to boost its usefulness is a "taste" chart for each hop to help make beer design decisions.  Thats the part that I'm finding harder to find in a systematic guide.

That looks really useful. Thanks for posting.

Ian

Thanks denimglen- Second that! - advice on here has been invaluable for me - plenty of experienced brewers willing to share their knowledge and add to the collective pool of expertise.
Absolutely! I have found it a HUGE help.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service