Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Pressurised the keg to 30psi for 3 days.

Dropped it down to 10psi today for a sample and all I got was a horribly slow pour and 100% foam and flat beer.

Have checked all the connections a it's not leaking. The c02 is definitely getting into the keg.

Even when I pumped it up to 20psi it makes no difference to the pour.

Beer line is about 2m

C02 bottle has just been filled and fridge is sitting at about 3 degrees c.

Any ideas?

Views: 2759

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think I may have isolated the problem down to the black beer fitting that attaches to the keg. When I took it off and pushed the center of the valve on the keg I got a face full of water at good pressure but then I attached the beer line fitting with no hose attached at all the water just came dribbling out.

Will get a new fitting am hopefully this solves my issues. Hoary.

I think you can remove the innards of the keg connect if you have a big blade screwdriver

Hi peter thanks for that. I took it apart and it seems to be fine. I put it back on the keg and found that if I push down on it the flow increases a little bit. Do you think it is the fitting on the keg itself that is the problem? Seems that the disconnect isn't going on hard enough and is therefore not depressing the center of the valve.

Is it going on the full way? I've seen plenty hanging half off because they were stubborn.

Have you lubed up the post with some food grade silicon? They always slide on real nice for me after a bit of lubing. Ooh er.

Ooh eer... as barry implied make sure everything is nicely lubricated b4 you get down to business

the locking ring should engage when you push down on the post; maybe you have two CO2 posts or the posts are on your keg around the wrong way. The gas posts on my kegs have a faint knick half way up the hex nut at the bottom of the post; beer out has no knick. I have wrecked a CO2 connect putting it on the Beer post; it locked on so it makes sense that the beer connect would be loose on a C02 post. will check when I get home tonight, hope I'm making sense

Yeah reason I mention is that I saw a mates kegorator on the weekend and wondered why it was pouring slow and flat. Gas in was hanging half off but when I tried to get it on properly it took way more effort than it should've. So much so that the guy who's kegorator it was obviously gave up. Been sitting like that for weeks with him wondering why it wasn't pouring well. Good thing the disconnects spring locked otherwise gas bottle would've long run out.

yeah its amazing how much beer can come out of the beer out post at 12.5psi before you realise how silly it was to press that little ball in with a flathead screwdriver................   not my smartest move...

I'm fairly sure it's the right fitting, I was pushing bloody hard and it didn't seem to want to go on. Will have another go.

look at the position of locking ring on the keg connect; it should return to the base of the connect same as the way it sits when off the keg... if it doesn't then that's your issue.

maybe try it on the other post with the keg on its side so that the keg outlet is below the liquid level, see what your flow rate is like then. 

the sliding collar does slide back to the base when it's on. Th liquid disconnect won't fit on the gas post and the posts look different.

Thats me out of ideas then

Haven't been following this thread in much detail but your symptoms sound like your gas and beer posts are swapped over or you've got 2 of the same

This photo shows the difference - you may have to put them side by side to check as not all gas posts have the distinctive nut or the groove where the spanner engages the nut (the gas post in the photo has both) so eyeballing the lips is the only way I know of telling them apart properly.
Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service