Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Pressurised the keg to 30psi for 3 days.

Dropped it down to 10psi today for a sample and all I got was a horribly slow pour and 100% foam and flat beer.

Have checked all the connections a it's not leaking. The c02 is definitely getting into the keg.

Even when I pumped it up to 20psi it makes no difference to the pour.

Beer line is about 2m

C02 bottle has just been filled and fridge is sitting at about 3 degrees c.

Any ideas?

Views: 2759

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm ok. Had a bit of a play around yesterday, decided I'd siphon the beer back into the fermenter and let it go flat to start again. Turns out that didn't work. Way to foamy to siphon. Any ideas on how to get it back to a good level if carbonation?

Shake it periodically and vent off the co2. Might take some time eh.

Is it better to do this at room temperature or at the serving temp (2degres)?

I would say definitely warmer, the colder the beer is the more the c02 dissolves into solution.

So, once I have managed to de carbonate it and start again, would you recommend I set it to 10psi and wait for 2 weeks or 40psi for 24hours?

The guy from the brew house rekens 2m of beer line should be good. Should I go longer?

10psi serving pressure?

I serve at 10psi, my taps are prob about 300mm lower than yours and I use 4m beer lines.

I keg by hooking up to 10psi and leaving it for the 2 weeks even then it doesn't take that long to be drinkable I normall tap it after a week.

Ok thanks Scott. So what difference would having my tap 300mil higher be? Less line or more?
It all contributes to the calculation for beer line length. If you google beer line calculator you should get a few results to help you out.
Ok guys, thanks for your help. I have bled all of the co2 off the brew and set it to 10psi. I also got a 4m beer line. I'll leave it for 2 weeks and I'll let you know what happens.
Tapped the keg today. The beer seems to be carbonated well bit I'm still having pouring issues. Got a glass but it took about 5 minutes to pour. 4m line doesn't seen to have made any differenc.

if you have no foam issues just increase the pressure a bit more to push through the line....  hard to see how 12 psi cant push 4m though

Whats the diameter on the beer line Paul?

On this post about 1/2 down is a beer line calculator you can d/l and use. The canadian one has metric and psi, the values at the top can be change by the drop down and the height from center to tap and distance to shank can be punched in the just line up the temp and co2 vols you want.

I can defo confirm my lines are 3.9m Long

Heres a cpl of pics of how I have it set up.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service