Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

We spoke about creating a discussion so people who have or people who are thinking about and/or building can share pic's info and pitfalls to avoid.

Just about finished building my bench and hopefully will have a chance to start wiring it up this weekend. Pics to follow shortly.

Views: 19888

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No my initial feed in to the hot bus comes from the main power relay as per.....

I think Ive confused myself by looking at Kals volt meter diagram.... In that he has the meter inline from a phase on his boil relay to the hot bus. But I want to put the meter across a hot and neutral anywhere in the system like the diagram that came with the meter I assume

Ignore what Im on about, I was looking at this the wrong way and now that Im home and looking in my panel I see that the 2 position is the neutral line, I did confuse my self good and proper

I fricken wired this thing and you think I can find my way around it after only a few weeks? Of course being at Hallertau all afternoon surely doesn't help me at all...

Ill pop this new meter in tomorrow and should be just about ready to roll

Making progress, need a few more bits to arrive, pump switches, timer reset and pause, swap out the space holding dead pid for another auber

Nice one Peter, that'll do the job!!

Update: HLT Coil coiled and installed.

Are you doing HERMS?
Yeah the coil in the HLT gives it away as a HERMS.
Looks bloody great Scott! How long is all that copper?

20m x 1/2in.

Got it from brassman123@hotmail.com for $85 + $15 postage.

Was really easy to reshape.

20m, shit that's heaps. Nice job man.

Yeah i was only going to go with 15m which is about 50ft but the cost diff was minimal. calibrating again tomorrow arvo and giving it a nice hot pbw bath for an hour or two so will know how well it works then.

You must be close now to firing up your system?

It's so close. All hardware done, inline oxy stone in place.
2 things still to do, calibrate the PT100s and get the sparky to set up an outlet.
Had a busy as heck couple of months, changed jobs and winter means we're spending most weekends at Ruapehu. Means progress is very slow.

Still brewing on my co-op brewery so beer has been in ready supply. Itching to get this thing going though.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service