Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

The results of the 2008 Capital Times Beer Necessities survey, including brief judges' notes, are posted here...

http://www.captimes.co.nz/rev/37/Beer.boss

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hahahahahahaha nice call! :0)

only 5/5 for appearance go through to the final judging round!
...AND minimum aging period of 12months in the supermarket backroom...
not backroom, on the shelf under the lights
letter to the ed might be a good idea too.
Aaron Watson is the editor so not much point i guess
Stu, you may be able to help me with this question, or Luke?

If a bar sells DB beers on tap, are they restricted to selling only DB products at their bar? Do they sign a contract? Same goes with Lion Nathan? So if someone owned a bar, and was contracted to DB, would that prevent them from having, say, Macs on tap?

Just interested to know...
As a rule DB contracted bars cannot serve Lion (or anyone elses) products on tap or sometimes even in packaged form- same goes vice versa. However, in a changing market, the big breweries are becoming more flexible with the way they contract bars- examples of this would be us at Malthouse (limited DB contract with heaps of micros on tap and lion products in the fridge) - D4 has a similar arrangement I believe.

cheers

Col
Just another way for the big guy to choke the market aye!

Doesnt it grate you that you need to have DB products on tap for the punters? What a waste of a perfectly good tap :oP haha
Need to do it anyway to stay alive i'd say! never ceases to amaze me the amount of people that drink monteiths, heineken and steinlager there though!
Idiots aye ;o) haha
absolutely! a plethora of interesting tasty beers to try but no...a beer in a green bottle please...pah!
To be perfectly honest... no.

If there was not a demand for mainstream beer then we wouldnt sell it. Also, I recon that if we can sell mainstream beer side by side with craft product then at least the general public are being exposed to what else is on offer out there- trust me there have been plenty of converts who now drink Tuatara Pilsner and Epic Pale Ale who would not have considered it a couple of years ago.

I often get the vibe of beer snobbery on here ...... but, hey its a free country...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service