Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hey guys

Keen to collate some advice on where the best places to go to drink and buy craft beer are in the places im going to in California...

So far im planning on going to the following places (and the following bars/breweries)

LA - The Yardhouse - Staying in Santa Monica and Anaheim
San Francisco - Rogue Taphouse
Las Vegas - ???
San Diego - Stone Brewing

I know a few of you have been to some awesome places over there, can I buy craft beer as soon as I step off the plane in LA? lol

Cheers for any help/tips/advice :o)

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah looked at Russian River but it is quite some drive out of San Fran, we will have a car, but there are limitations to how much beery goodness I can squeeze into this trip - it is sposed to be my honeymoon remember ;o)

That Bevmo thing looks awesome, but ive just found out I cant take my own booze on the boat apart from a few bottles of wine - luckily alot of 750ml craft beers could pass as a wine bottle to the uneducated ;o) lol
The Library in central LA isn't too bad but doesn't have the range of the Yardhouse, which is a must see.
San Fran I'd second the recommendation to visit Toronado.
Las Vegas is a struggle - I didn't find any bars or pubs with a decent selection of craft beer - its bud lime city all the way.

Enjoy the trip and congratulations!
according to the beer advocate website there is a bar in Vegas called the Yard House that has 135 beers on tap, including Firestone, anchor, sam adams. So it could be a good bet. When I went over I just read all the beerfly reviews on the beeradvocate site, they usually link thru to the pub/breweries website.
Rev -Everyone reckons The toronado is THE place to go in San Francisco
Santa Monica's a great spot but I don't know what the beer scene is like... it's been a while since I've been there.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service