Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Keen for some ideas guys, im going to look at building a bar set up for my new place seeing as ill have the room for it.. Thinking a combination of wood and stainless for the design...

Ive currently got a chest freezer as my kegerator, so was thinking fonts would be the way to go, as well as putting a collar on the chest freezer...

Has anyone put a collar on a freezer before? Is it fairly simple?

Also - It seems Ebay has some pretty cheap fonts with taps included, like this one below - is there anything I should look out for when buying fonts/taps?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dual-Draft-Draught-Tap-Fount-Font-Beer-Tower...

Views: 196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The shank allows you to hook the tap up through something - be it a fridge door, or a steel pipe for a font. Hoshizaki Lancer do them with collars in varying sizes... more than likely you'll be walking out of there having spent a hundy.
Surely a shank could be made easy enough? Or not?
Ahh, just had a look at craftbrewer, spensy, but worth it I guess?
Why would you only want two taps - how many kegs would you have in the chesty ?
Well in an ideal world, id have like a 6 tap font for regular beers, and a 2 tap font for 'special' beers ;o)

I reckon I could fit 8 kegs in the chesty with a collar on it, but hey, baby steps mate, baby steps :oP lol Plus I currently only have 3 kegs, so a two tap font and a picnic tap would suit me happily untill I get the funds up again ;o)
I've just started planning a bar for my man cave as well (but on a much smaller scale than Reviled!!). I have a two-tap tower I got from the States last year and just picked this up from the Warehouse. It can easily fit one corny and I *think* I can squeeze two in there - definitely can if I take the lining out. It also looks like it'll be easy enough to feed the necessary tubes through the back without much damage. Doesn't take up much room so perfect if you have limited space like me.
Hmm, nice option. Then there is this which is only a little bigger.... :)

I have just ordered new taps for my 4 font, which I'm thinking I will sell off and build my own from a design....
How many kegs do you reckon would fit in there James?
Well I can fit in it! the warehouse staff didn't think it was funny.... "How much for the shop soiled model?"

I'd say 3/4, maybe 6 if you put a collar on it and use the hump with the CO2 on the outside.

Nice a compact for a chest freezer though, and I would have bought it if I have not got my 380 odd litre for nix.
Well I can fit in it!

How tall are you and how much do you weigh? lol ;-)

Bottling is killing me again at the moment. I still haven't addressed "that" situation :-(
Everything everyone ever says about moving to kegs is absolutely 100% correct - kegs rock. Get your arse in gear :)
I'm short and fat.... lucky to reach the door knob without a chair.... more gnome than man!

I still bottle now even with the kegs.... just the smaller batches or special beers etc which I don't drink enough of. Also bottling from the keg and taking your own beer to a BBQ is pretty easy (and better than having to take a jug with you to decant!).

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service