Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'm really after one at the moment. I have a Pin ready to receive the TTL, now all I need is to be able to draw the TTL out.

Any help from you online chaps will be greatly appreciated.

Views: 3153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How are you hand pump owners stepping down from 1/2in pipe on the inlet - to your keg QD?
Well the opportunity presented itself for me to order another Beer Engine - this one being a brand spanking new EWL. The other Angram is going to JoKing. So I finally got my hands on it last night and Glen and a mate, LLoyd, came over to 'deflower' it. Thanks to Glen making up an awesome reducer for the 1/2in 'beer in' to a QD, we had the bugger connected up and pouring in no time. I had 2 kegs of the same beer, one had been in the fridge for a few weeks and the other had an extra week at room temp and a week at -1 in the feezer, which I kegged the day before and left at 5psi overnight. The first keg was producing foamy pints - we figured it was either excess carbonation (which was ideal off the picnic tap at fridge temp) or an air leak in the line. So we hooked up the second keg which was barely carbonated. This produced perfect pours - although it had a lot less hop aroma (due to the extended room temp and cold conditioning). I'm going to drop in a couple of 'tea' balls of hops - I expect both kegs will be finished tomorrow night at a faux FA CUP party I'm hosting (screw the networks for not playing it this year!)

Oooh, I'd be interested in your "reducer".

I've also found that minimal carbonation is the way to go. Either that or lots of standing time.
1/2" hosetail to 1/4" hosetail. Cheers Glen!

Looks like an awesome new addition to your kitchen mate ;o)
Cask Breather option via Ebay:

Dear studio1nz,

Hi
The CO2 gate valves (breathers) i have, have a 3/8 JG inlet and outlet.
They work by letting CO2 through when there is suction on the outlet and pressure on the inlet together.
They are £23.99 GBP each with £6.87 postage via Airmail Small Packets

Thanks
Paul
I'm going to get one sent over - anyone else....?
Yep - I'm in. Grab me an Angram sparkler too please.
Grab me an Angram sparkler too please

They are dirty dirty words!! Sparklers are for cellermen who cant condition beer.
Sorry, but you're talking out of your arse Mike. I would say just IMHO but I know plenty of well-trained cellarmen who like to have a sparkler available as an option. I was one of them.
Well then Martin whats the advantage of bashing your beer through the sparkler?
I'd never say that every beer benefits from going through a sparkler, but some English bitters (particularly northern english ones) taste fine (and some would say 'better') after having gone through a sparkler. Some that have a harsh bitterness taste smoother and creamier. It's a matter of personal taste. When I ran a bar in London I kept a couple of sparklers behind the bar in case punters asked for one to be put on. I wouldn't run the beer through them by default because I was in London and that's not what people expected, but in certain parts of Yorkshire it would be the other way round.

I'm not saying that sparklers improve all beers but to say that they "are for cellarmen who can't condition beer" is just plain uninformed.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service