Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

http://www.singlesource.co.nz

Worth the money - or just publicity and hype?

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I note there was no mention of yeast ?

So it can't be serious and I put it down to publicity and hype

Well, it would have made this map look a bit funny if they had to zoom out and put the US on it for yeast... :)

Technically is yeast an ingredient if it gets filtered out of the final product? ;)

Got given some, tastes like... a DB beer. Some hops but bugger all, quick brewed beer with more marketing effort than brewing. Nothing has changed. The only positive is that the price might push some tight arsed kiwi price points.

"The only positive is that the price might push some tight arsed kiwi price points."

My thoughts exactly Hugh, especially when you put Epic at a cost of $42 per dozen at the local super liquor, now there really isnt much between the two in terms of prices! 

Also the idea of southern cross as a sole hop in a lager doesnt exactly appeal to me - its very lemonish when used in the homebrew world, not a character I want in my beer...

its very lemonish

I get lemon from Hallertau and love it, I may have to get some Southern Cross !

German or NZ hallertau JT? And if NZ then aroma or pacifica? lol

Ive used Pacifica a little and cant say I got any lemon from it myself, and def not from the aroma one which was earthy and spicy IMO

Plain old New Zealand Hallertau Aroma.

Bought it when I couldn't get Riwaka or Motueka and used it in the blandes last year.

Obviously didn't use enough because this year I'm using more and loving it.

Pacifica ? Now that's supposed to be orange, I never got a hint, not even a teeny mandarin hint

lol, love how we all get different things from different ingrediants - I guess thats what makes this hobby so diverse ;o)

Yea, good eh.

What I've noticed is how quickly dismissed the Montieths new beer discussion and got onto more flavoursome !

Hahaha, fu*k yeah, wheres the 'like' button??

'twas the hot hop of an overseas beer tourist I met a few weeks ago... he loved the Galbraith's Antipodean and was wondering how he could get a pallet of Sthn X!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service