Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ladies and Gentlemen start your burners! Entries are now open for the 2008 SOBA National HomeBrew Championship. Entries will close on 31 July 2008. Judging will be done during August and results announced at the SOBA HomeBrewFest, which this year will be during the BrewNZ week - first week of September.

For entry forms and more information please see www.soba.org.nz

Views: 450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mild
Porter (2 different ones)
Best Bitter
American Brown
American Pale

6 all grain beers from me.
I'm still working on my NZ Draught.
First attempt was too dry - finished the keg - burp ! - last night so I could get mkii on line.
There's a brown ale or brown porter, taste test due early september.
Maybe a blonde, a pale and something american (my gravity is probably too low)

I've done the same as DG, bottled up a few to taste just before due date and decide if they're in or out.
Probably 4 entries from me:
Dusseldorf Alt
Honey Porter
American Pale
Vienna Lager

All extract-based so I'm not expecting to win, just looking for some feedback really.

Martin
Martin

Don't feel like second rate citizen just because you brew with extract, there's nothing wrong with it, anyone can win!
I got a silver medal out of an extract brew last year....it takes a bit of skill (if i do say so myself ;0) to get a good beer out of a kit/extract but there's nothing wrong with brewing like that.....to be honest i probably won't ever go all grain!
Sure you will...
Are you trying to be my dealer again.....?
You know i've only just come out of rehab! ;0)
all grain can be a day long mission and an unbelievable pain in the arse sometimes, but those tins of extract just don't look quite right once you've started down that path!
A day?! I've got it down to under 4 hours.
Lucky. Although I don't mind spending the time.

I just got it down from 6 to 5 recently.
If it takes all day I don't care.....I enjoy every minute
Just boxed everything up and they should be going in the post tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!

Martin
Can someone please advise me? With all grain beers, do you have to pick a category exactly? I mean I want to enter my stout, does this mean I have to enter it under a category according to the BJCP guidelines?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service