Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ladies and Gentlemen start your burners! Entries are now open for the 2008 SOBA National HomeBrew Championship. Entries will close on 31 July 2008. Judging will be done during August and results announced at the SOBA HomeBrewFest, which this year will be during the BrewNZ week - first week of September.

For entry forms and more information please see www.soba.org.nz

Views: 450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And for those of us that didn't go to Bar Edward - and may or may not have put an email address on their entry forms ... any chance of posting some results up somewhere ?
Try this JT - http://www.soba.org.nz/node/125

Results are up there - those of us not on the list *sob* will have to wait for the notes so we know what we did wrong...

Congrats to the boys who took out the prizes!
only showing best of class, what about all medals Rob? and the big prizes (best of show, brewer of year - obviously not myself but I'm still interested in knowing)
Cheers chaps.
Any update? Im guessing we get a little more info?
Sheeeeeeeet, best in class for my hefe, I didn't actually think it was that good.

Congrats to everyone.
I had the same experience with my ordinary bitter. Though I was quite pleased with my mild! ;)
I got a HUGE shock! still can't quite believe it!

Massive thanks to Rob for organising the whole thing though!
Just got my official results email from Rob. I got two silver medals one AG and one for a kit.

It sure is interesting comparing the judges results to my own opinions. Some are similar and some aren't even in the ball park!!! Still, my favorite beer scored the highest so at least we agree on that.
Pretty much the opposite for me - I thought mine were pretty darn tasty and they didn't do well at all!

On the plus side, I enjoyed them enough that there's none left so it can't be all bad news.
I'm freakin stoked that my porter is bland enough for the masses - I've had a silly grin for the last 2 days.

I wonder if Stephen needs an extra brew slave on the brew day...

Huge thanks to Rob, the judges and stewards for all the work you put in.
That's 'bring your porter to the slaughter' isn't it?
by far the best beer name of the comp! but maybe that because i'm a huge Iron Maiden fan! ;0)
Looking forward to trying it when it's brewed!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service