Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94609

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cheers same here!! If you add that willamette in there its basicly the samer as my Imp Russian Stout!! Nice resin from the Super Alpha and grassyness from the Willamette yum!!
Ace of Spades (copyright, registered trademark)

Read more here

Now - if I see any beers pop up using my copyrighted brand, you can expect to hear from my lawyers.
I hate to say but I have nothing fermenting at the moment :o( I want my Rye malt lol
Tweaked my Imperial IPA recipe as suggested by Mike (cheers) and brewed yesterday
5.1kg Pale Malt Extract
0.28kg Marris Pale Otter
80g Super Alpha 12.3 100min
20g Super Alpha 12.3 15min
30g Willamette 4.6 20min
30g Willamette 4.6 0min
Recycled US-05 from my last brew
OG was a huge 1.108 and should come in approx 130IBU. Bubbling away nicely, little warmer than I'd have liked but that's what I've got to deal with till i sort out temp control
Hey what temp is it bubbling away at? make sure it dosnt get out of control I had one that done that and had huge alcols and crashed out at 1.035 NO GOOD!!
22-24 degrees, would prefer it to be cooler, maybe 20-22.
What did yours get up to?
27deg!! with S05, Just samled mine it tastes like fruit juice again and is very sweet still so it is not releasing the bitterness as yet. Have you checked your gravity thus far?
Yeah, couldn't resist having a check despite telling myself i shouldn't. The bubbling was like a temptress. 1.080ish - hard to tell as the hydrometer was covered in a hop residue. Still very sweet, but got the suspicion there was a bitterness lurking beneath - 155 IBU is what beersmith said to expect, not 133 which was with my old recipe

27 deg! I'll start getting worried if it gets up towards 26. Cold bath maybe
Oh yeah I think the yeast in my Imp IPA is quite sleepy!! it dosnt bubble away like mad like the S04-S05 yeast's but in saying that my fermenter is pretty soccer ballish
What yeast are you using for that Mike?
Wyeast private collection High Gravity. I think its pretty slow.
Didnt that stuff have some Brett in it? Or was that the old ale one? Slow ferment is probably good for a big beer, nice and clean...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service