Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94611

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure, Joking... Currently it's code name is 'bath tub MILDew' as the fermenter is being kept cool in the tub. However, I'm open to suggestions.
Well I managed to keg my first beer (An APA, actually looking at it, its more an ABA). As it will be served as real ale, I was going to attempt to carbonate it via "spunding" upon Joking's recommendation. Alas, the ferment was already over by the time I was ready, three 30+ days in the 'rapa saw to that. So I primed with 1/2 cup of sugar and let it ferment in the keg with an airlock overnight to purge the oxygen. This morning I capped it and fingers crossed for late Feb come broaching time. I figured under carbonation is always preferable to over carbonation.
On to my second leg of party brewing
Roaring Forties Bitter
5kg ADM malt
0.5kg crystal
0.1kg Chocolate
20 gm Nz styrians/ 20gm Nz goldings @60min
30gm NZ Goldings @ 15min
20gm NZ Styrians @1min
US05
MAAAAAAAAAAYYYTE.

Sounds nice.
I'm thinking about brewing a Dubbel soon - one problem though... No yeast.

If anyone out there in Mystery internet land has any Trappist Style yeast that they are sitting on - 2nd 3rd Gen... whatever - please let me know, I'm happy to swap for whatever I'm holding at the moment.

I tried to make a Dubbel with some Wyeast Strong Golden Ale yeast... but it didn't work. Chimay Strain would be cool - but can't be fussy when you are a begger aye?

Cheers Y'all...
Wyeast Trappist in a smack pack still sitting in the fridge from last Cut Off. Im making a starter next week if your keen for some. Westmalle Strain
Perfect. Westmalle is my favourite Dubbel. I say it once again Mike - you are a f**cking legend. That 2112 will arrive to your work in the morning with some West Coast Blonde.

I'd make a 2 litre starter with the 2112 floc it and taste the beer off it to make sure it's all good - I will be. Last time I got it from them, it was all good though.

Thanks again Bro.
My mild/brown has finished up at 1.065 OG! I guess it's going to be a strong brown ale. Tasting very nice out of the hydrometer tube and the west Yorkshire yeast has just kicked in.
Could still be a strong mild - what's the hopping like?

That Wyeast West Yorkshire Ale is a low flocculater - hangs around like crazy. Should help pull that SG down though.
Old ale?

That must have been one hell of an efficiency jump!
low hops Martin, 30g at 60 minutes and 20g at 15 before end. NZ Goldings @ 4.9AA
Sounds like a strong mild to me then. Let me have a bottle or two when it's done and I'll give you my opinion! :)
Need you ask! ;p

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service