Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94605

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For the longest time I used Materuop Pilsner as my only base malt.  And in just about every style imaginable.  From pale ales to porters to a schwarzbier, even a barleywine.

I reckon you depend on your specialty malts a bit more for flavour when using it, but I've always been pretty pleased with the stuff.

It's been WAY too long since I brewed anything.

So this weekend I'm doing a double:

Have the sour mash for a Berliner Weisse going right now.

Tomorrow I'll finish that beer off, and also brew a low gravity American brown ale with some rye and a ton of NZ hops.

Fellas, I need ideas for a lager to put away for late winter. When I brew lagers and surrender to taking a fridge out of normal production, I brew two at once. The other one is going to be an attempt at Joking's Ace of Spades... and I'm kind of stuck on the second one.

Can't be pilsner or vienna because I already have some of that stashed from summer... And preferably needs to be ok for Saflager 34/70. Not ideal I know, but I didn't plan this very well! Any suggestions?

Schwarzbier?
Yeah I love a good schwarzbier too. Otherwise how about a Munich Dunkel, NZ Bo Pils or a Munich Helles. If you liked Bre_sci's Steam beer how about one of those?

the ace of spades is a sotra-schwarzbier though! Can't brew two of them :)

Munich dunkel is currently leading the pack I think

Ok, so I have some nice cones of both Hallertau aroma or Pacifica. What would you choose for a munich dunkel?

Hallertau Aroma!! IMO it's a bit more 'noble' than pacifica, whilst it still has some NZ'ness about it...

Cool, done deal. Shit it's going to be a big brew weekend, three batches...

I think I'll try out decoction mashing with the dunkel as well, just for fun.

Haha just to add to the epicness why not :oP

Heading past your way on Sunday arvo, might stop in if youre gonna be brewing?

Yeah go for it. I might get the decoction out of the way early morning so I don't seem like a retard when someone's watching me.
Baltic Porter

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service