Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94605

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I seen a tweet from Grieg saying Hop Zombie is our own NZ Pliny? Did you go to the launch? agree or disagree??  OOOHH I,m gonna start a fight here  ;-P
Fu*k - No, I was supposed to but the wife had to work late - I seem to be missing everything lately :o(
I've got a bottle in the fridge to try but I've been saving it for the weekend. I might not be too productive at work drinking 500ml of 8.5% on a school night.
Didn't make it to the launch but tried it on the weekend - it is awesome. As I haven't had Pliny I can't do a comparison but if it's anything like Hop Zombie then that's something I want a part of.

Anyway, I've got a Little Pale all weighed out for the weekend.

85% malteurop (very topical eh?)

15% dark caramalt

1/2 handful of black

Sauvin to bitter and 12g pacifica and motueka additions at 15 10 5 0

Looking to inch my favourite pale recipe down from 1034 to 1032 with the IBU's remaining where there were so about 36

cheers, jt

obviously I have this wrong?  is the pilsen malteurop that Joe stocks suitable for pale ales? 

I just use it for hoppy New Zealand Draughts.

from memory I think I remember seeing denim glen using it in an ale or two ?

It's the same stuff that a good portion of NZ Craft Breweris use across the board in their beers. It's a versatile malt that can be used in 99% of beer styles. It's the base malt of choice for a lot of the big kahunas too: e.g. Macs.

It has it's own unique character, in the same way that Maris Otter, Golden Promise, Weyermann Premium Pils etc etc have their own unique characteristics... It's made from Barley... it is used in the production of beer.

It has it's own unique character,

So the selling point is it's consistency - or is there something else good I've missed ?

had I known this I would have got a double whammy in my last order, it did cross my mind but I didnt want to risk it.........
Looks like you've got some more reading to do mate ;o) So much to learn in this hobby hey? lol
yes obi won

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service