Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94604

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

®
OK, I've canned the Porter idea, decided I'd prefer to have more 3.x% beer to quaff and I'm still off brown malt
The Porter will probably happen as a no sparge part mash for / with a workmate.

So this week goes off as a light brownie
85% Malteurop
9% Cara/Crystal
5% Choccies
1% Black

Super Alpha to Bitter then a Sauvin/Cascade combo in a 1:2 ratio - I hear it's really good

1.033 and 32IBU and planning a repitch of '05 but i have a little W1469 niggle at the back of my mind ...
I've done Sauvin/NZ Hallertau late hopping as well which works really well together.

Yes Andrew, there's so many good combinations.

I started with a kg of Hallertau and went through

100% hallertau, then tried

Hallertau / Motueka
hallertau / cascade
hallertau / cascade / motueka
Hallertau / Motueka / Sauvin

The late hopped pale that I did with Jo's suggestion Hall/Mot/casc all in the last 20 minutes (ok i put an IBU of Super Alpha in at 60) was the most memorable though

Must remember that!
Anyway, after a retaste of the last 1469 brown, I've rejigged the hops upwards and I'll use the top cropped stuff from the last pale .. which still leaves me plenty of bottom cropped stuff, I wonder if this stuff is any good for ginger beer :-)
I saw one guy saying he was using it for cider!

Yea ?

Just seems a shame to waste it

Must say im not entirely sure that the english yeast flavours would go/work in a GB but I suppose if its only 1.5L it could be worth a test batch!

This Sunday I'm brewing the 2nd trial batch of Yakima Warrior. It features hops from the Yakima Valley in the USA such as Amarillo and Simcoe... but also some fantastic new varieties. I'm really looking forward to it for several reasons:

A. I like IPA.

B. I don't have much IPA left.

C. I like hops.

D. I have some fantastic hops to use.

E. Other people like IPA.

D. This trial Batch will result in other people getting their IPA fix.

It's really all good. I can't see a downside for brewing this in the weekend.

Man, you really thought about that one mate !

"but also some fantastic new varieties"

This is the one downside to you brewing commercially - Is that previously, all those fantastic new varietys would have made it onto your website for sale!! :o(

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service