Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94600

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just Mashed in:

1 Hop Pale Ale

71% Global Pils
20% Munich I
3% Caramalt
3% Light Crystal
3% Med Crystal

66 Deg Mash

10Ibu of Summit @ 60, 30

40g Summit @ 15 and 0

Pacman

1.048 - 1.010 5% Alc
45Ibu
15ebc
52ppm Ca, 120ppm S04 Gypsum and Epsom Salt only
Yum, that looks tasty. What's this summit hop like Mike? Is it another US hop?
Its really nice I thought I have only had it in one beer of any refrence to it, Its quite juicy citrus, its tangariny opposed to grapefruit which I prefer and it's pungent as, yip its a US hop, High AA @ 15.1% but Cohumulone is about 26, so it why I wasnt scarred to puch the IBU's in the beer as there isnt going to be much residule body left in the beer.
I tried a green flash IIPA which was Summit and Nugget all the way, all I can say is RESIN, big time!!!
Thanks to Stu and Mr Cherry for their Bookbinder advice. I've come up with the following as a start:

'Spellbinder'

OG 1.041
IBUs 27
Batch Size: 27L

--
4.20 kg Golden Promise
0.28 kg .Cara Malt
0.14 kg .Crystal, Medium
0.10 kg .Crystal, Dark
0.025 kg .Black Malt

80 min boil

60 min 10.00 gm.Riwaka
60 min 10.00 gm.Styrian Goldings

15 min 27.00 gm.Riwaka
15 min 27.00 gm.Styrian Goldings

1 min 27.00 gm.Riwaka
1 min 27.00 gm.Styrian Goldings

Just about to pitch a dollop of US05 yeast cake (2nd gen) from a 6% amber I kegged today.
Yum, looks good! I'd dry hop it at 1g/L of each hop for 5 days as well.

I reckon if you do a side-by-side of that beer with Bookbinder you'll like your one better. I did :-)
Awesome I can't wait. Will dry hop for sure.
How's 'Spellbinder' tasting Studio1 or is it still conditioning?
hehe....long gone...I had a couple of mates over and we polished the whole keg. was bloody tasty - though a little dry. So I made another (double) batch in my new MLT and mashed a bit higher - though my efficiency was way up and that beer has came out at about 5%. I decided not to dry hop that one - Am going to run some of it through the new hand pump this evening!

I ended up dry hopping Spellbinder with Riwaka and NZ Cascade flowers. Will be aiming to make a double batch tomorrow (after the failure of my ord. bitter :-(
Spellbinder, looks good and I have some Styrian Goldings that that I'm itching to use but don't have any good ideas for.
Now, I only have some Malteurop, maybe I can beef it up with 10% Munich - what do you reckon ?
Sounds good to me jt. I reckon you could play with the crystal malts a little to suit your pallate also. For me personally, I'd drop the dark crystal.
I've done that with Malteurop - it works a treat. On its own it's just lacking a bit for pale ales

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service