Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hey Beerlovers,

does anyone know where or from whom I can buy real Koelsch here in NZ? I know you can get it in Sydney and Melbourne (Frueh) so I was hoping some shop in ???? might stock it here as well.
Please help. I desperately crave a beer from my hometown.

MM

Views: 382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try Regional Wines in Wellington - would be my best guess, otherwise you may have to brew it.....
Maybe Gaffel Koelsch is shipping it with DHL, they do that within Germany. I contacted them, waiting for a reply.
Brewing it myself? Na, Koelsch Brewmasters have perfected this beer since 1396. How could I possibly expect to get a proper result in my first 10? 20? 100? brews.
Hats up though to you people out there trying!

MM
Koelsch is a pretty subtle beer.
I'd be surprised if you can get a decent one shipped here, unless it comes airmail (or at least refrigerated).
Good luck though.
Hallertau do a Koelsch, it's a little hoppier though. Apparantly it's one of their best sellers - so easy drinking.
See here.
whoa, Hallertau, greetings from home, haha. I'll check it out next time in Akl. Gotta find out if they ship some.
According to ratebeer Mata Artesian is classed as a Kölsch.....not sure how accurate that is?

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/aotearoa-mata-artesian/68672/

It's available at regional wines and i've seen it at a few New Worlds....
Pretty sure that Mata have entered the Artesian as a Koelsch.
Never seen any German Koelsch's in NZ...

wow - this has been my first realbeer post in about 6 months!
B
Mata Artesian - when it's fresh it's very very good.
Not sure I've seen it at Regionals but certainly spotted it at a few New Worlds.

I've been to Rumble's today. My mouth has been totally stripped by a Brew Dog Punk IPA. Bloody hell! Looking forward to the Imperial IPA and the Imperial Stout later this week.
Stu

So no ill effects from it's journey over in a red hot container?

James
Not a beer that big, it's got too much going on (and I wonder if shipping through the solstice is a reasonable time). They all seem like pretty fresh batches too, the Meantime beers have 2010 expiry dates (didn't check the Brew Dog one).

I've hardly ever had a good bitter out of those shipments. And I wouldn't expect a decent Helles, Kolsch, or "Premium" Lager, Dunkel, Schwarzbier or Wiess.
I got annual holiday coming up and I'll definitely make it up to the NI, will check what's available at "Regional". ...and what it tastes like. I'll let you know if there's a worthy "Koelsch" amongst it.

Ahhh, a freshly tapped Koelsch from a "Pittermaennche"! What I wouldn't give for that.....!!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service