Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Last night was Stones Oak Aged Arrogated Bastard :) Was very crazy, so much going on. Very cool.

Tonight a nice rum and coke.
Sounds nice... I'm a bit Jealous about the Stone.

See you in Wellington for the next WBC.
Our last bottle of Orval.. (for a few weeks when more stock arrives).. I havent had an Orval in over a year.

While I thought it was good.. It doesn't fit into my 'Go to' beer list. In fact, pretty much any other Trappist beer suits me better... I just don't 'Get it'..

In January we will have two Trappist Beers that I don't think have been in NZ before (From one brewery)... Any guesses on what they could be?

Daniel
It would have to something from Achel right dont they make like 5 beers? and I have only seen the bruin and 8 blonde here? I may be wrong?
Yes.. they do make 5 beers, but only three of them are bottled (The 5's are only available on tap at the monastery)

We have the three bottled beers in stock (Achel 8 Blonde, Achel 8 Brune & Achel Extra Bruin (de 3 Wijzen)

Good guess.. but the new beers are not from Achel.

Daniel
Hmmmm?????? One brewry aye? Got me now? Can you get the la trappe Wit beer here? and their Bockbeer?
We often have La Trappe Wit in stock.. although we are out at the moment.

We have never had the Bock.. so maybe you are onto something there.. Any guesses on the 2nd Beer?

Daniel
Orval Pettit? Well your drinking it tonight so it might of given you the seed?
Hmm, Chimay Doree? Not sure if thats available outside the monastery...

Petit Orval?

Westvleteren 12 - I'm pretty sure I've seen that online before...

Achel Extra - bruin? something like 10% abv?
Westmalle Extra?
La Trappe Bockbier & La Trappe Isid’or
Tonight - some of my Antioch Nonce - inspired by my trip to America. Big bitterness, big aroma.
Last Night - some Golden Ticket Pilot for our summer release, name to be determined. Slightly different beast to the final version (currently in the fermenter in my garage) but interesting and drinkable.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service