Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To celebrate the 1000th, I cracked a 2007 Emersons APA. Some slight 'funk' on the nose but a wonderful mouthfeel. You want malt weight, there it is - tropical fruits in abundance, the hop kick has subsided somewhat but an overwhelming 'mature' fullness. Mothers milk..........!!!
last one i had was oak aged vinegar
A very cold Kid Chocolate on tap at D4 yesterday. Greig's RateBeer comment was spot on.

It was a difficult choice between Kid Chocolate, Epic Pale Ale and Bookbinder. Oh, the difficult choices in life...
Woohoo! I was useful! :)
Oh Mr C, the choice is obvious, one of each followed by an afternoon nap !
Hmmm... maybe I should get some of those Homer Simpson specs with the fake eyes. Then I could sleep and work at the same time. Woohoo!
Well Just got back from my honeymoon :)

One of my wedding gifts was

Bottle of Westvleteren Blond
Bottle of Westvleteren 8
and Bottle Westvleteren 12.
looking forward to having these soon.

Question, are these best at room temp or just slightly chilled?

Will also need to go to beerstore.co.nzand get some US beers as well :)

All good.

Chris
Have the Westy Blond at about 6-8C, the 8 at about 10C, and the 12 at room temp. And savour every last drop.
I have an 8 and a 12 in my cellar, and I'm just dying to drink them, but not sure when to do so. I'm scared that a) they won't taste as amazing as they did on tap at In de Vrede, and b) that they won't age well. Suggestions?
I've got a 12 in the cellar too... was quite disappointed with my first taste of it to be honest.
Far too much Pukehuia ! (Kid Chocolate, domestic version, tweaked a bit)
Much like other comments on the commercial version, needs to be a bit warmer than the standard serving temperature to be at it's best.
But it's an exceptional quaffer and I'll repeat it again as my next non-pale ale.
It's also redeemed SO4 for me ...

Is Brewjolais still on tap at Shed 22 ?
Sparky's in town and meeting there tomorrow
I'd given up on S-04 too but Barry's beer in the case swap proved to me that S-04 can make a fantastic beer.

Can't help with the Brewjolais sorry.
I think S04 works well at 18C max, well it did for me with the stout. I will definately use a liquid yeast if doing another porter / stout as I think it wasn't a nice as I expected.

I have become partial to S05 with APA / blonde ales though.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service