Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mac's Hop Rocker is the one I always think of.
Knappstein Enterprise Reserve Lager
Three Boys Golden Ale
What's going down well ?

625 - a darker Ale with Pils, Chocolate, Pale Chocolate, Caramunich III and Carahell
1.040 got eaten down to 1.006 by W1275 and I added 28 IBU of cascade split over 60, 30, 15 & 1 min
I seem to be enjoying darker ales more these days
I'm all about Wigram Vienna Lager these days. It's a lovely drop.

I only caught wind of the existence of Kortegast yesterday and I can't wait to try it. Irish red ale made with a hitherto unknown hop variety found in a gorge on the coast. How could it be anything other than aces?
Funny enought those hops are about 2km up the road from my folks place, I was thinking of getting over there in Feb/March and actually go picking... haven't tried the Kortegast yet though.
Had the Wigram Pilsner yesterday though, smells very NZ Hallertauer, nice drop with a bit of last minute hopping going on. I'm off to the Twisted Hop tonight for dinner, so it'll be many pints of Challenger... yummy!
Twisted Hop's new Pilsner is supposed to be pretty decent.

I've been drinking Emerson's Imperial Spilsner. It's pretty good, as hoppy as you'd expect, but I think it wold be better with a slightly more slender malt profile. It's a bit fat. The new hop (Rakau?) is very fruity on the nose and pretty herbal and oily in the mouth - NZ/German? The beer is 'Bitter!', note the capital B. Still got a touch left from the rigger I purchased last ight.

I'll be drinking Mac's tonight and Yeastie Boys tomorrow.
Bugger just remembered it's wednesday and that means yeasty boys day! completely forgot....ah well looks like i'll be waiting till it's on at D4 and Regionals
Finally I got to taste it off tap and handpump!

There's still a keg left at Bar Edward. Should be on at D4 from today.
Great drop too Stu.

Regional ? Will it be available there ?
It's one of the few beers I'd go out of my way to buy.

cheers, jt
Yeh, they are getting 4 kegs - I'm not sure when exactly but pretty soon.
Was good to see you JT. See you soon, on the grain front, no doubt.
I'll be popping out of the woodwork again for the Tuesday trip to Mac's Stu, you a starter for that ?
I will be there, looking forward to it.
Until then, I'm off to the Wairarapa with the boys. Betwee contracts and not even thinking about work... it's nice.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service