Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20364

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like a testicular fortitude beer to me... I need to get onto brewing stuff like that as an every day beer!
Tell you what.

This beer is soooo good. I might have it on my wheat bix tomorrow!!!
But seriously. It goes down really well. Pint size glasses!
Get out... pint size! What did you say? 7.4%? You're a bloody pisshead!
Had a 100ml taste and it was nowhere enough. Just had to have more!!!!
The beer was not bitter at all nor did it feel high in alc!! Trully Amazing!!! The reason I ask this is that I payed $18 for a 330 glass of the stuff at the Malthouse im not saying it wasnt worth it at all as I think its one of the best beers in NZ but Im sure Distributors in NZ could get Pliny into NZ for a retail of $18 and if that was the case It would become a very regular drink for me, maybee to regular!!
$18 for what?
But you said you paid $18 at The Malthouse. Is it in there?
I wish!!! No that was Armagedon when we were fourtunate enough to drink it
Oh yeah... now I see where you are coming from. I only had two - one on the opening night (free) and one a little while later when we compared it to Monk's Habit (a late night and I have no idea how much). Monk's wiped the floor with it really - Armageddon was Monk's with too much dry hop. It was fun and I did like it but I'd struggle to call it an IPA.

I'm sure it'll be a whole lot better this year, if it comes around again.
Pink Elephant Humbug - anyone tried it? I've been scared of the bottle in my fridge for about 4 months. All the talk of blue cheese aroma. Well the blue cheese is spot on, and it's a funky one... more to follow.
Pink Elephant Humbug? Maybe I'm going to lose my beer cojones admitting it but i couldn't finish it. Tried it one day oh, a couple of months ago in between 60 and 15 minute hop additions. Just too sweet and thick and weird. Maybe i shouldn't have been drinking it at midday but seriously, first beer in aeons (well apart from the filthy Speights Pilnser I was reduced to in Wanaka) that i just couldn't finish
Blue cheese, sweet malt, sour finish. I've got 100mls for the sink myself. It's drinkable, just, but I'm not in the mood.

The ratebeer crew all liked it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service