Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Weemix sold out at our end but it is still floating about a few places in town... come around to the deck one day this spring and we can share some. You can admire my winter lettucess.

As for Marmalade... Colin's name.  He gave me a name and a general idea and then we worked up a recipe. I think I did mention that naming a beer with a flavour was a dangerous thing (one way or another). with Kid Chocolate we got people finding chocolate that we thought wasn't there, or being disappointed as it didn't have enough chocolate.

Cheers

Stu

My impression of Lady Marm was that it would be way better on handpump. I ended up embarising Graeme Mahy by degassing it between 2 pint glasses :-) and thought alot more citrusy hop came out that way.

Winter lettuce ? You're doing better than me at the moment
I must admit I haven't been over East for a while, that's a great thought. I could share some 'Tee-mix' with you too.

Cheers, jt

Had a few good beers other than my own homebrew and Yeastie over the weekend...

Emerson's Into the Dark

C&B Monk's Habit

Townshend Cathcarts NTA

Stoke Dark

Emerson's JP 2009 -- best beer I've had this year, no doubt about it. Only one bottle left in my cellar...

and.... Feral Karma Citra for lunch.
^ Mouth waters

It's a nice beer but probably my least favourite Feral beer so far (I've only tried about 6).

Doesn't seem to have the malt character to carry the hops quite like Emerson's Black Ops (or Into the Dark), GT Emperor Strikes Black, Croucher Patriot. Sort of makes me think of a pale ale that has been darkened rather than a dark ale that's been judiciously hopped. I always prefer that latter.

Don't forget the original, PKB ;) I also prefer highly hopped dark ales over coloured IPAs. It does have a great name though...
The original PKB ?
Now there's a classic.
And isn't that an idea ... PKB Classic ... Unless there's a mid strength version in the pipeline ?

ha! Are you inferring that PKB Weemix should have been PKB Edge?

can the classic one have a white label?

Had a Three boys Wheat at Hashigo followed by a small bookbinder.

Been a long time since I last had the three boys Wheat.

Nah not to my taste, the ginger and citrus just doesn't do it for me.

The bookie as always a nice tasty chill out beer.   :o)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service