Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A trip to town and a couple at the Malty - Tuatara APA followed by both the Warriors - my pick was the Motueka

Far too many good beers available to do them all justice, talk about being spoilt for choice, i'll just have to go back

Rocked on up to Galbraith's alehouse this arvo / tonight was the first time there , great place to get stuck into some brews and have some QT with my wife.

Managed to get a taste of "just a couple babe" before she dragged me out , tonight i managed to try out the Grafton Porter , Antipodean, Munich Lager ,Bob Hudsons bitter which i loved and need another taste ,Twisted Hop Sauvin Pilsner and finished it all off with Townsends Cathcarts.

Geee im in a good mood !!!! Sinead did mention on our walk back to the apartment that i looked like a 15 year old watching baywatch when i was checking out the brew house in action hmmmmmm

Tonight it is good ol' H2O. No beer for me.

I am flying to Las Vegas for a week of work, and hope to check out some of their craft beers, and maybe do a quick little flight to California or Oregon to check some out.

For now. Water. I have not mastered good sessionable beers yet, and I do not want to be hung over at 5am. :(

Tried a new not-yet-released Harringtons beer at the Food Show yesterday - Anvil. It's a 6.5% abv dry-hopped pilsener and it tasted fantastic. Hazy straw colour with a terrific hop aroma, a good whack of bitterness and some fruity hop.

Even better, they were selling the whole range at $5 for 2x500ml bottles so I've got a full box sitting at home in the fridge now! Anvil will be properly released in 6-8 weeks, so look out for it.

Greetings.

I'm hosting a Korean colleague in Wellington tonight and he has a fondness for the black stuff (aka Guinness).  I was wondering what the best pint of Guinness in town is.

Molly's, D4, Green Man, Kitty's, the Public Bar (which I've heard good things about) or anywhere else.

Thanks in advance

If he really must drink Guinness, as opposed to something like Three Boys Oyster Stout, then I'd recommend D4. It also means you'll be able to drink craft beer while he sinks over-chilled under-flavoured stout!
At a bar with a crap selection the other week I had my first Guinness in years. I was quite surprised at the lack of flavour!! I always remembered it having a fairly good bit more taste, but then that was before I learned what real beer was!!

Best Guinness in Wellington

And the winner is...

The Public Bar. Best pint outside the auld country. By a distance.

The Guinness in D4 was drinkable and they avoided my pet hate of too much head (5/12 of an inch being perfect)

Molly's was appalling, way too much head and tasted off

Didn't get to Kitty's

The perfect head is 5/12th of an inch....?? sounds like the Guiness PR department put that one out!

Is Public the one next to The Malthouse?  If so, you should have done as Martin suggested and headed next door for a Three Boys Oyster Stout.

Saison Dupont

I tend to be a hop head and enjoy the APA/IPA types of beers the most. However, on a very hot Miami summer afternoon, I found this Saison to be surprisingly refreshing. It has very  high level of carbonation, almost to the point of being like a champagne. Although the hopping is low compared to what I am used to, I found the balance to be quite nice, making a very refreshing beer for a hot late afternoon.

Good beer.

After a long day watching netball in P North and trying to sort out my shit so i could put down a brew tomorrow morning I ended up with 2nd deg burns on my hand , so tonight im having a couple of my SMaSH beers & a bottle of Tuatara XI that i picked up this morning .

Plans for tomorrow Tramadol with my weetbix and brew a PA ,  note to self get more sleep before full on days

hahaha nah bro not from the netball ,  blocked off some of the jets on my burner and gave it a blast for a while  last night to make sure that i sealed all of the treads properly. as i turned off the burner some of my diving gear fell off the shelf , picked the diving gear up and re stacked it turned back around and guess what i picked up ! I was a bit of a zombie last night .

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service