Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just drinking some homebrew sent up by a really good customer. It's a Strong Pale ale of the Belgian style and I have to say that I'm quite impressed. I always get dubious when I read Belgian "style" ale on a bottle - as sometimes the beer had been planned to be something else - and due to a bad ferment... they chuck "Belgian Style" infront of the beer name in order to make things seem a bit more normal than if they'd labeled it: "Fucked up Mild". Anyhow... I digress.

This beer was brewed with purpose and intent. It has a lovely fresh pear juice nose with subtle background spice. I'm even smelling some clean earthy hop notes which I totally dig... I found myself hunting through this guys orders to pick out what hops they could be - but there were too many (orders of hops etc).

I love the texture in the palate - great mouthfeel, nice malt (Malteurop mallt... this I know) and clean balanced spicy notes. Finishes very clean with a subtle and sweet bubblegum aftertaste. Nommy Nommy Nom Noms. I need to know what that yeast was.

Well made. I can't brew Belgians to save myself - so I'd be stoked if something like this were to come out of one my 6 fermenters.

T-58 people. T-58.

I feel disappointed... but then on the same token DAMN! What a great turnout for this strain. Very subtle spicy notes - but spot on for this type of beer.

I only tried T-58 recently in Reviled's case swap beer. Interesting, without all the funk of  my favourites. But a dried Belgian yeast, for this we should be thankful.
Too right... you're picky though.... your Belgian beers are better than what the Belgian people make themselves!
Just as well.  I can't brew a pale ale to save myself!

I brewed with T-58 once and didn't really like it.  It was a twin pack from Craftbrewer and I threw away the second pack.  It simply wasn't the Belgian character I was looking for at the time.  Maybe persistence would have paid off but I'm too impatient.  I switched to liquid yeast for Belgians and never looked back.  I've also tasted other home brewed beers fermented with T-58 and they were all pretty similar in the yeast department.

Any idea what the fermentation temps were?

If you can get a bit of fruit out of it, it wouldn't do a bad Ardennes.

I've tried it and thought it was definitely ok.

I am drinking my Hallercade and really enjoying it. Pale ale with NZ hops, mostly Hallertau and Cascade if you had not worked that out from the name.
My Oatmeal Stout, num num num

Just finished off a Bear Republic "Hop Rop Rye"

And now fool that I am I did it the wrong way around.... Should of had this Townsend JCIPA first.

Just having a iStout before bed ,Spent the whole day / night  doing her "to do list" going to chill tomorrow before going back to work ....Spearfishing and a couple of riggers for me tomorrow is the only thing on my "to do list"

Thornbridge Kipling

This is probably the best beer one can get with Nelson Sauvin hops in the States, as far as  I know.

The beer is brewed in the UK, and it has those interesting notes that come only from Sauvin hops. Having said this, there are much better beers showcasing these hops in NZ.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service