Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mmmm 8 Wired. Must go find some!!
Was just @ Regionals and seen one on the counter thinking man that needs to be for sale, I get home and find its for sale, FUCK!!

I brought it at Hashigo last night. :o)

Now the problems is what the hell can I let pass my lips after that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Shit im giving fishing a miss tomorrow morning , got a few beers to buy now
whoops. you should have asked!

Damn, I just had a bottle of Mash Up, and it's actually really good! Well worth the wait.

Yummm!!

Last night had a couple of Hop Zombies at Brew On Quay. Good to see them with 2 quality craft beers on tap (Tuatara APA on also). After that I tried the Moa Five Hop on handpump. A bit over-sparkled, but a lovely beer. Creamy, hoppy, very English. 

The head's a bit dusty this morning but all good! Glad to see Brew On Quay putting a bit of effort in, and great to catch up with a bunch of people.

5 Hop is a decent beer but very English?

Continental malts, NZ Hops and a neutral American style ferment. Perhaps after a session on Hop Zombie and APA it seemed that way.

Agreed Kieran, and it is nice on hand pull. There is NZ and Australian malts in 5 Hop with the European. It does not pretend to be an APA at all, nor English, just a beer I like to make and drink!

Deeply philosophical, but what does it mean to be "english", "kiwi" or "american" when it comes to beer?

Is it the location of the brewery? The hops? The yeast?

Or perhaps something more nebulous like the "intent" or the "soul" of the beer?

Yes... more questions than answers grasshopper. 

Tend to like Dave's answer.

Historical styles based on location (such as Vienna, Dortmunder, even American Pale Ale) are a bit of an anachronism in today's trading world. A guy in Europe can make a fantasic New Zealand Pale Ale (e.g. Mikeller).

Maybe time to throw out the Style Guidelines?

[Did I just say that!]

Hi Matt,

I was having a dig at myself. People call me a style nazi. Meh, maybe, maybe not. I don't think anyone is playing to a particluar rule book these days.

PS: Hesitate to call it the new wave of Wellington Brewing but all us new Wellington Brewing kids should catch for a beer. Met Jos and Pete from Garage Project tonight. Nice guys!

Yeah I'm quite looking forward to seeing what the Garage Project team and Kereru in Upper Hutt turn out.

Any idea when they will have some of their beer in shops?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service