Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yea ... who needs sound ?

It's one of those crap distractions like a fandangled new bottle or catchy advertising billboard, eye catching for all the wrong reasons

Reminds me of the 'wet tee shirt / dancing on tables' vid of a few years back that provoked a bit of discussion on here (or the previous forum)

Out of ten.....well....I'd give them one ;p

Maybe it's ironic?

Really seriously is that a genuine Harringtons add or some hack takin the pils???

I didnt see any references to Harringtons in the add just some hard workn gals haha (deviant laugh) !

Anyway....Some random thoughts and pathetic ramblings of my evening

Yeastie Boys - Fools Gold maybe not for me - possibly more malt than hop driven plus it was maybe a bit cold to notice any fine points

Townshends Stout - yum reminds me of my oat stout!

Epic Hop Zombie - I do think it has grown better since I last gave it a try esp the aroma we could smell it from the other end of the bar when they poured a pint !!!!

Twisted Hop Sauvin Pils - Delicious and quite bitter for a pils but thats how I like it!

Cock and Bull Fuggles - Tasty nice and earthy but probably not fair to review after the tasty thumpers before it!

Oh shit i hope i haven't started something

Would have to agree with you Crabbey , I laughed when i saw the clip and like chirs I love hard working girls hahaha  ,I feel a little stink now that i added that youtube clip, it def was not to have a Dig at Harringtons but more to show a bit of humor

If the video was only for a laugh amongst a few or for marketing material it wouldn't stop me from drinking Harringtons  , only bad beer would .

Im for it - I've been saying craft beer needs promo girls for ages!! Lets be honest, it helps sell, and how can that be a bad thing? All the big boys are doing it, and it's largely why they have such a massive chunk of the market IMO - If harringtons can do it in a 'take the piss' kinda way then I think its awesome ;o) haha

A couple of reasons why it can be a bad thing:

- It drives craft beer in the same sad lowest common denominator segment that mainstream already exists

- it potentially alienates female consumers, and I would say a lot of male consumers.

- it ignores the 'it is what is in the bottle that matters'  message which is what craft brewers should be pushing as that is our cheif point of difference to the big boys.

+1

On a side note, just got off the phone with my old man. He was propping you out for the excellent beer and cheese evening you did with Darren. Wish I could have been there!

it was a good night.

Last night I took a few bottles of various homebrews into the office for Friday night drinks. These seemed to go down fairly well, and I was delighted to find a couple of bottles of Tuatara Pilsner in the fridge. It's been a while since I've had any and it was very impressive.

After that I wandered up to Galbraith's to meet Barry. A pint of Bob's to start with (as always) and it was on good form. Then a cheeky pint of 8 Wired Barrel Aged Big Smoke. The original Big Smoke is possibly my favourite (from a close field) of 8 Wired beers, so I was interested to see what the barrel had done to it. I detected a noticeable almost-sour tang up front (not in a bad way) and then a real creaminess from the oak later. The smoke was a little suppressed and the body had lightened up a bit. No real vanilla from the oak, but I guess that's to be expected in secondhand barrels. All in all a nice experience and one which I'm sad I'll probably not have the chance to repeat.

Out to Hallertau for the WBC this arvo - looking forward to some Winter Minimus & Liberty stout.

Winter Minimus?? Eh? Whats that about?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service